Cat rashes

amrithanair268

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone
My cat had a fever and worms last week and was in medication of 100mg Doxycycline, half tablet per day since the last 5 days along with an amino acid paste.
He has developed rashes and red spots around his ears, the head and neck area. It doesn't seem to be painful to him. I have attached some pictures for reference.
Could it be an allergic reaction to the medicines or is it something else? Any advice or ideas would be helpful.
Thank you. ♥

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I don't know what this is from, but can you use some coconut oil, or store bought unflavored chamomile tea (garden grown isn't safe for cats) on these areas? Both are anti inflammatory and the oil is anti microbial and the tea is anti bacterial.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is he scratching those areas as well? What is the amino acid paste for? How much longer will be he be on the Doxycycline? The latter isn't typically known to cause itchiness or rashes, but not to say it isn't possible. I am not sure about the amino paste.

You might want to tell your vet about this and see what their thoughts are about a possible allergic reaction.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has anything else in his environment changed? Any food changes? I would absolutely let the Vet know about this just in case it IS a reaction to one of those items you mentioned. They might want to make some changes. You should be able to make a phone call to ask about it, and possibly send in those pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amrithanair268

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. Thank you for all the responses. There has been no changes in the house or in his food. Although he was at a cat boardinghouse for one day. I have applied some coconut oil on the scabs. Spoken to the doctor, who asked to wait and watch for a day more. Still can't figure out why he has got these scabs. One of it has even bled now.
Poor baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amrithanair268

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The doctor said if it is an allergy it will subside on its own in a day or two, but if it is an infection, it may increase. So far there doesn't seem to be an increase.