Cat Pooping On Floor

Ariana90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i need help. My cat won’t stop pooping on the floor and peeing in the bathroom sink.
I keep the litter box in the second floor bathroom that no one uses. My cats have a bathroom to themselves. It doesn’t matter if the litter box is new, old, clean, dirty, freshly scrubbed or has been only dumped and replaced with clean litter. She will always poop right next to the box or in front of it and pee in the sink. No where else. I’ve tried having multiple boxes and that doesn’t work either. I’ve tried repellents, deodorizers, different litters, tin foil where she likes to go. Nothing has worked. Her food and water are nowhere near the litter. She knows she’s doing something wrong because when she hears me walking she bolts out of the bathroom. I don’t hit her or scream at her when she does this I just go in and clean up after her. I’m sure she senses my exasperation at this point. I live alone and am more than 8 months pregnant. It’s getting really difficult to bend and kneel just to clean up after her several times a day. I can’t imagine it’ll be any easier once baby has arrived. I’m desperate to figure out what to do, otherwise it is with a heavy heart that i will have to give her up for adoption, which is absolutely not what I want to do.
Please, please, please out-of-the-box suggestions are also appreciated as the standard ones haven’t worked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ariana90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The poo Next to the litter box has been a recurring issue for years, basically since I got her, but it was always if the litter box was dirty or if she felt it was time to change out the litter altogether. I picked up on these things and got better about it, but in the last few months is when I’ve noticed it becoming more frequent regardless of a clean box, new box, or new litter. I don’t see anything wrong with the stool itself, but I’ll have to take her to a vet to rule out any issues for sure.
Thank you for the articles.