Cat pooped in her food dish today??

Mars1047

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I’m new here uhh my cat has been with us for about 6 or 7 years I think. We adopted her when she was a few months? Not entirely sure her age at time of adoption. Anyways 10 min ago she wanted food and I walked over and saw that it appeared that there was something log shaped and hard in her food dish. There’s also one near it but more rounder. What threw me off was that she’s potty trained as well as the fact that I can see some of her cat food in it, so the poop is kind of chunky but still hard. It's kind of a light brown/greyish color. I’m worried that she’s sick or constipated?? Not sure what I should do.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, it could simply be that a bit got stuck on her, and that's where it fell. If it is well-formed, that's actually the most likely thing. Just watch her carefully for the next 2-3 days. If she continues to go in odd places, if her appetite for food OR water is off, or if she begins to hide away and act antisocial, you need to see a vet. Here's hoping this was just an odd "one off."

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just throwing out the idea that this could actually be a hairball - especially since it has food in it that I take it appears to be undigested? Do the colors match her hair and the food coloring? Does it smell like poop?

Feeby has actually had a couple of hairballs that were pretty compact and hardly any liquid in them at all. At first blush they did look like poop. That is why I was just wondering...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mars1047

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ur right!! Dad came back and said that she threw up in the night n so it was dried. Thank you all for your support!!!