Cat paw peeling?

Shaz313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys new here.
Just noticed right now on both of my cats food the middle toe bean skin has peeled.
Does anyone know what this is, I will ring vets tomorrow but im
Worried now

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would classify that as something a bit more than a paw pad peeling. It those toe beans are normally black and are now pink, that is more like top layer skin removal. I suppose it could be from some sort of skin growth instead but that would seem odd for the exact same pad on each back foot to have a growth. It could be the beginnings of callouses based on how your cat walks. Are they sore to touch? Any limping, extra licking, etc? Are those pads 'bigger' than the others, or enlarged in size?

Does your cat go outside? If so, I would probably not let him/her back outside until the paw pads can be looked at. You could also send some pics to the vet and see what they think. I wouldn't get overly concerned right off the bat, but certainly something to investigate further.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shaz313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would classify that as something a bit more than a paw pad peeling. It those toe beans are normally black and are now pink, that is more like top layer skin removal. I suppose it could be from some sort of skin growth instead but that would seem odd for the exact same pad on each back foot to have a growth. It could be the beginnings of callouses based on how your cat walks. Are they sore to touch? Any limping, extra licking, etc? Are those pads 'bigger' than the others, or enlarged in size?

Does your cat go outside? If so, I would probably not let him/her back outside until the paw pads can be looked at. You could also send some pics to the vet and see what they think. I wouldn't get overly concerned right off the bat, but certainly something to investigate further.

Hi, no he’s in an indoor cat no growths isn’t sore to touch nothing else unusual that I can see. He’s not limping

LOldenburg15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys new here.
Just noticed right now on both of my cats food the middle toe bean skin has peeled.
Does anyone know what this is, I will ring vets tomorrow but im
Worried now
Hi there,

did you figure out the cause of this? Or did it simply go away on its own? I recently noticed my cats back paws have the exact same small area peeled and revealing pink raw skin similar to your cats toe too. Any insight would be helpful. I brought him to the vet and she didn’t have any answers and just gave me medicated wipes to help heal the wounds. Thank you!