Cat pants after howling?

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’m not sure what’s going on with my cat.

This behavior started yesterday and I suppose it’s my fault for introducing two new things On the same day.

First I took her outside on a leash which she really liked. And then right after I administered her monthly flea medication.

Shortly after her flea medication she started howling at the door which is not unusual for her, but after each howl she would pant. It was strange.

I called the vet and they said not to worry unless she was continuously panting.

The behavior eventually stopped and I took her outside on the leash again this morning because she seemed to like it so much and when I took her inside again the howling and panting commenced.

I’m not sure what’s going on here. Part of me worried it could still be the revolution, but since both times it seems to be happening after I’ve taken her outside maybe it’s more excitement driven. The whole hour we were outside she didn’t pant.

Should I be worried this could be due to the revolution or could it just be excitement. She’s been on revolution before and never had this reaction. I apply it monthly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And she seems desperate to go outside again and when she’s howling at the door it’s obvious that’s what her hope is. It’s just weird because she’s never done the whole howling panting thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just want to make sure it’s not a lingering effect from the medication or something. She seems fine now, but that’s cuz she isn’t howling

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think it has to do with going outside, and not the meds - just based on what you described. Now, your problem is going to be figuring out how to deal with her insistence to go outside.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think it has to do with going outside, and not the meds - just based on what you described. Now, your problem is going to be figuring out how to deal with her insistence to go outside.
Agreed! Seems you've created a little problem for yourself, albeit unintentionally. I'm kind of shocked she liked it so much on the first try