Cat not eating or drinking and lethargic

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had 3 different cats needing enemas over the years. ALWAYS the long haired ones. Of course. It's not so bad and hopefully can stay at the vets long enough so your pet doesn't get rid of it in the car. Use a kennel if you can just in case.
My most recent IBD gets constipated some times and he has a laxative Rx. Worked Pretty good. Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rshep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello

My 4 year old male indoor cat hasn't eaten or had anything to drink since yesterday morning. He is also very lethargic, just wants to sleep and lay down all day, he is not acting like himself at all. We took him to our vet this morning and got some xrays done, which showed alot of stool backed up and gas as well, nothing else. My vet also gave him some subq fluids, and anti-nausea, as well as an antibiotic incase of infection. The vet said to us he would be a completely different patient and able to eat in a few hours but it's been all day and he still just wants to sleep and lay down, still doesn't wanna eat anything even the vet prescribed soft food or any of his fave treats. Our vet has him booked for another appointment tomorrow morning and mentioned an ultrasound. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am stuck and I hate seeing him like this, he's usually so active and never down like this, I'm especially worried because he won't eat anything at all, for almost 2 days now.
Update: my kitty is now eating, drinking, has bowel movements everyday so far and is looking and acting better each day. He is on Cerenia for his inflammation in his pancreas for 5 days, but other than that we are seeing improvements