Cat not eating much has HCM and is going in for dental cleaning under an anesthesiologist.

janrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had their HCM cat gone in for teeth cleaning with anestesia. My cat Grey is 10 years sold . just had his echocardiogram and his heart is stable. .All bloodwork has been normal. .but he is not eating much. I am thinking its his teeth as he has grade 2 dental . I am gonna take him in for an exam, X-rays and teeth cleaning and I guess whatever they might find which I hope is nothing more. but I am so worried about the anestesia. I tried to contact his cardiologist but she is out till October. Should I be worried. The. place only does dental and mostly patients that are referred becuase of heart and other medical problems. There is an anestesiologist on site. .

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. Is this so urgent that you can't wait until the cardiologist returns? Is there a back-up cardiologist that you can talk with?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a cardiologist at the location where the dental hospital is.. It has to be done because the cat is not eating and it's a few weeks. maybe this post is in the wrong location.. I seen there is suppose to be an HCM section but I couldnt find it. I wanted to know if anyone with an HCM kitty had their teeth cleaned

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is no specific forum for HCM on this site, so you have posted in the correct place. I guess you are saying that the only reason that Grey is not eating has been identified to be solely related to a dental issue? Nonetheless, I did a search of previous posts on this site related to HCM, maybe some of them discuss eating issues as well. You might look through these while you wait to hear from members who have dealt specifically with the combined issues Grey is having.
Search Results for Query: HCM | TheCatSite