Cat not eating at all it breaks my heart

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About a week ago my cat stopped eating even her favorite catfood (she loved it sm she would snatch it from my other cat), i tried everything but she just won't eat anything except drinking lots of water. I fed her raw chicken for 3 days which she was eating and the 3rd day (today) she threw up and white and yellow liquid. Of course, she hasn't been pooping since she's not been eating. Even if she'd eat the kibble, she'd have only 6-7 of them and I've noticed little pieces falling from her mouth while chewing the kibbles. I took her to the vet and he checked her mouth and showed me that there was nothing wrong inside her mouth, last week she was also pulling an elastic string with her teeth. He prescribed 2 medicines for 20 days 2ml each twice a day (bio grow and jetepar), however i haven't seen any change in appetite since one of them is an appetite stimulant and it's the 4th day i'm giving her these meds. Her lump is also growing from another mammary gland (it's been a month since her last surgery). I am really desperate and i want to know if someone had a similar experience

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet do any blood work? Sometimes that shows an abnormal blood value that would indicate a health issue that may be causing the inappetance.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry, I have more questions than answers. But I will share them with you in case they might mean something to you in terms of trying to figure out what is going on.
last week she was also pulling an elastic string with her teeth.
Did you mention this because you think it was a potential sign of a dental issue, or that she might have eaten a piece of it? Did you and the vet discuss this at all? If she did ingest some string, it could cause issues with her eating, especially if a piece of it is stuck somewhere in her digestive tract. If that would be a possibility, and ultrasound might be in order.
Her lump is also growing from another mammary gland (it's been a month since her last surgery).
Did the vet think this might have anything to do with her lack of appetite? Was she acting similarly before her last surgery? Is this aspect being pursued? An ultrasound might also be in order for this issue.
He prescribed 2 medicines for 20 days 2ml each twice a day (bio grow and jetepar), however i haven't seen any change in appetite since one of them is an appetite stimulant and it's the 4th day i'm giving her these meds.
I don't know much of anything about either of those meds, but there are instances when certain appetite stimulants don't work as well on some cats. Perhaps, the vet needs to try another one. As far as I know the jetepar is for liver issues - is that your understanding? If so, it sounds like a probable hepatic issue, which could be the source of her lack of appetite. Again, an ultrasound might shed some light - along with blood work, as mentioned above.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is the same cat from the other thread about mammary hyperplasia? I am sorry that you are still having complications. Yes, it is true that not all appetite stimulants are created equal, so you might ask for another one.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you mention this because you think it was a potential sign of a dental issue, or that she might have eaten a piece of it?
I thought they mentioned this as further evidence that the cat didn't have dental issues -- like, a cat with mouth pain wouldn't be pulling on things with its teeth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the same cat from the other thread about mammary hyperplasia? I am sorry that you are still having complications. Yes, it is true that not all appetite stimulants are created equal, so you might ask for another one.
Yes, same cat and I've given up now. Lost all hope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I have more questions than answers. But I will share them with you in case they might mean something to you in terms of trying to figure out what is going on.

Did you mention this because you think it was a potential sign of a dental issue, or that she might have eaten a piece of it? Did you and the vet discuss this at all? If she did ingest some string, it could cause issues with her eating, especially if a piece of it is stuck somewhere in her digestive tract. If that would be a possibility, and ultrasound might be in order.

Did the vet think this might have anything to do with her lack of appetite? Was she acting similarly before her last surgery? Is this aspect being pursued? An ultrasound might also be in order for this issue.

I don't know much of anything about either of those meds, but there are instances when certain appetite stimulants don't work as well on some cats. Perhaps, the vet needs to try another one. As far as I know the jetepar is for liver issues - is that your understanding? If so, it sounds like a probable hepatic issue, which could be the source of her lack of appetite. Again, an ultrasound might shed some light - along with blood work, as mentioned above.
I mentioned that because i thought she was having a dental issue and no she hasn't ingested anything I'm sure.
She was acting a bit similarly before her first surgery as she was lethargic even then and she'd sleep all day. But at that time she was eating normally but not she has stopped eating

RTR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is she.....What did your vet say?..... you could try sardines or tuna to get her to eat. Dogs can go a lot longer without eating than cats! Tell your vet what did he say!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes don’t give up hope! Vet can help! Cats don’t eat for so many reasons, a vet will pinpoint!