Cat noob here to say hello

momotyler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

My name is Morgan and as the title suggests, I'm a first-time cat owner. I actually wasn't planning on getting a cat at all, until some kittens were dumped on my doorstep one day. I had planned to just foster them until they were old enough to go to good homes but... yeah, that didn't happen. Couldn't help but keep one. So now here I am with one new little girl named Mew. She's an adorable fluffball and is already proving to be a bit of a handful, but I love her to death and I'm looking forward to seeing her grow. I'm also looking forward to meeting you guys and getting advice because I have a feeling this is going to be quite a wild ride.

Here is a picture for you guys:

(P.S. I also have a chihuahua/rat terrier mix named Bella and a beardie named Saphira. Just thought I'd throw that out there).

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, I just want to hold her! She is sooooo precious! :)

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Mew too!  What a cutie.  Kittens can be very curious and while my adult cats don't generally chew too many things up, they all have a desire to chew my laptop cord, probably because they see it moving around all the time so even when its holding still they want to go after it and I am not there to shoo them away.  So you also want to make sure you don't leave anything toxic out they may accidentallly get into.  Especially plants.  Cats need greens, so grow them some cat grass, or cat nip, or mint or oats or what have you so they have their own garden to eat on... you could come for a tip a day until adult hood... just always come and ask questions if there is something you are curious about, or just share stories of your adorable little mew the rest of the time.  !

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

I myself have two unplanned kitties. 
 I never planned on any furry pets at all, until my gray kitty (pictured in my avatar) showed up and adopted me. After checking around for an owner, I agreed to the adoption. 

My other kitty was inherited from a relative.

Your new kitty is adorable! Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. I've learned so much from this community--it's a great resource!