Cat moewed strangely and then vomited

Ksbluee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So he's been throwing up for about 3-4 days once a day and it's always just food. He's currently on Metacam for a UTI (cystitis) and I thought it might be the medication so I called the vet. They told me it's likely and to discontinue using and call them if he's still having symptoms of UTI and then they'll swap the Metacam for antibiotics.

His symptoms initially were going to yo then litter box frequently, urinating smaller amounts and licking his genital area. The get ruled out an obstruction and said his bladder was pretty empty and he was still passing urine even if in small amounts.

The medication worked almost instantly. He hasn't been showing any signs of illness apart from the vomiting. I also changed his food to a special delicate wet food so it wouldn't irritate his stomach which could be dousing the vomiting, but my bet is on Metacam.

It's important to add that I called the vet about the vomiting and Metacam AFTER he had already received a dose of it that morning and then threw up today.

He's acting normal, he was playing with me a lot last night and I've been taking him outside on walks on a lead and he's not shoeing any signs of distress or feeling unwell. He's eating a lot and drinking.

Should I be worried? I've had cats for years and years and never saw one shout before throwing up (that I can remember). I'm just very stressed when my cats are sick and can't think straight.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t vouch for anything medical but any cat I’ve ever has always meowed strangely before vomiting. I know that meow now so well I either run to the kitchen for paper towels when it happens or to push the cat off whatever nice furniture it’s about to vomit on.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, in fact, I just heard that weird yowling and grabbed bed paper towels and cleaner before I went in. It happens when I change the food. So my bet would be on that new food or the Metacam. By the way, only one of my three cats yowls like that before vomiting, so i know who it is.