Cat missing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

souty2hideycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im still living with my parents and they think it's best to get a new cat as they said we could cope with 3 if he comes back. They only decided this because I'm so upset about it and they think this its a good idea to make me feel better and i don't know whether it will because I just feel so empty and can't stop crying and I'm thinking the worst but I'm trying not to I just want to be happy again.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im still living with my parents and they think it's best to get a new cat as they said we could cope with 3 if he comes back. They only decided this because I'm so upset about it and they think this its a good idea to make me feel better and i don't know whether it will because I just feel so empty and can't stop crying and I'm thinking the worst but I'm trying not to I just want to be happy again.
Yes, you are grieving, but give it some time.  Keep looking for him.  Have you tried getting a humane trap and setting out some food at night and seeing if he might go into it?  You could get a trail camera from Amazon for around $50 and set it up to see if by chance he is around your property.  Cats are notorious for running around and wandering.  Have you been on social media yet?

Also what exactly have you tried?  The trap might be your best answer.  Getting another cat this soon is very hasty.   Yes, you are sad and grieving, but right now focus that energy on finding him. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

souty2hideycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have tried everything and I mean everything we've been Door to door with out up posters at the vets around the village we've walked in a mile radius calling him we've checked sheds and garages twice. We've searched under hedgerows and I've considered a humane trap but I'm doubtful it will work as he is a very obedient cat always comes when called I even taught him to sit and stay even when there's chicken in his plate so I don't know how a trap would help but thank you. We think he could be trapped in a house or someone's thought he's a stray and adopted him as we have a world renowned Japanese garden which is a hub for tourists and one could have taken him home or he got hurt so someone took him as they saw he was injured I don't know which is the worst part :( :'( but I'm not sure I just miss him so much.

Last edited: