Cat limping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonstonelove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with FeebysOwner FeebysOwner that there can be many reasons for a limp and that cancer does not have to be at the top of the list, as Chewy also said. One of my cats has lymphoma, is being treated for it, and has never limped or had a URI. It is easy to connect these dots as a layperson reading the internet. If you google "I have a pain in my side", within the first page of WebMD they are going to point out that it could be liver cancer. Bone cancer has other symptoms that usually go with it that your cat is not exhibiting such as a broken bone for no apparent reason.

Taking her to the vet is a good idea, even if it is a sprain. Those can come and go and can take time to heal, especially if the cat resprains them.
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner Update for you guys because you have been absolutely wonderful to me! It appears today that the limp is so much better, she was acting strange this morning not wanting to come downstairs to eat but I think it’s because at about 4am we had a bear digging in our trash & she could smell it. Once we carried her down she ate her whole plate & then was acting like her normal self. Once she started walking my husband & I noticed the limp is so much better than yesterday it’s not very noticeable at times as well. So I think whatever she did might be getting better but I don’t want to get too excited just yet. Still going to keep her resting even though she hates us for it but it’s for her own good.