cat lifting paw but not limping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
also if they keep his teeth, will ask about anything i can do that they think will help, like tropicclean, greenies, brushing. i just dont want to spend money if its not gonna really help.
also i took him to a vet, only spent $65 vs $400 like last time!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
he gets a can of friskies wet with added water and 1/3 cup of purina one indoor dry. a couple times a week, i split a can between my 2 cats so they get more water cause of this hot summer.

gonna have to look into tropicclean. i thought about the greenies dental treats, any experience with that?

he prefers outside over treats. I started a thread a while back about his door dashing. i live with other people and not everyone respects my wishes. a certain someone will sometimes leave back door open, doesnt have a window screen in his room and refuses to shut the window or put a screen up. his bedroom door is messed up so my cat sometimes can just push it open and jumps out the window. im disabled, otherwise i would board up his window no matter how mad this person got. im on a waiting list for apartments but it can be a while. then we can move out and my kitties will be safe. ive been having good luck with bribing my cat in with squeeze ups. so at least theres that! and we have spray bottles all over. and my other family members does what they can to keep him in. its just that one selfish person i happen to live with
Greenies are fine, but won't do anything in particular for your cat. Especially if your income is limited, a Tropiclean product would be more worth the money. Temptations dental are a fully balanced treat so you can give them a bit more of those if you'd like. Neither hurts. If you can get him biting things during play that will help keep his teeth clean too, even paper as long as he doesn't swallow it. I also found the silvervine sticks help as they chew on them.

The water is great for him! I love the food trick too. If you can consider switching from Friskies to a lower sodium product in a similar price point like Crave, Fancy Feast or something similar, it will help alongside the water you give to keep him hydrated. Many cats do live healthily on Friskies, but due to the high sodium is can make underlying conditions worse.

I'm sorry to hear about the one bum housemate. That's always a difficult decision to make. It sounds like you're doing your best! Fingers crossed for you! I know the wait list is long, up to 5 years in some cities here for those that already have a place to stay. 🤞