Cat licked Advantage flea treatment off his neck what do I do?

MonkeyG2011

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I hope I’m just being overly paranoid but tonight I tried applying Advantage flea treatment on my 10 year old cat (Monkey) and in the process of trying to get it on his neck he bolted. This lead to it getting it on his shoulder blade where he was able to reach it/lick it multiple times. I immediately called the emergency vet (his normal vet office is closed right now) and they told me they were booked for the night. After this I was able to wipe off some of the treatment using a towel soaked with warm water and dawn dish soap. I still felt like there was some on him so I put him in a bath and tried to get the rest off using warm water. This all happened around 6:30 and it is now 8:15. He seems to be acting normal although he is definitely very angry with me and gave me some loud growls when I toweled him off. Do you think he should be okay? I’m so nervous : (

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
It sounds like you were also able to rinse off the dawn?

I'll bet he's cranky but it was for his own safety, bless your heart. He'll forgive you.

The only thing that you can do is to watch and wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonkeyG2011

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply ❤ I was able to get the dawn dish soap off of him in the bath but he’s definitely holding a grudge against me right now. Literally turning his back to me while lying on my bed 🥴 he hasn’t shown any strange behavior/symptoms of being sick but I am the biggest worry wart when it comes to my cat. I’m not sure of when I’d expect to see any poisoning symptoms present themselves, if any…