Cat Laying In Dog Pee??

calicoks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My senior dog has some potty problems lately and has peed on the carpet some. The thing that is really weird though, is that my cat keeps going to the pee spots (before I can get the carpet cleaner ready to go and clean it up) and laying down right on it!!! Why would he want to lay on her pee spot?? One day, he was actually rolling on the spot too. I just don't understand...I had to shoo him off it twice just now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have an enzymatic cleaner?

Also, if your dog is at all consistent about where she is peeing, you could then put down some puppy pee training pads and be able to just pick them up and dispose or obtain some washable/reusable ones - either way keep an eye out for ones that wick away the moisture from the surface.

I couldn't even begin to guess, but also keep an eye on his skin so he doesn't end up getting scalded from the urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do use enzymatic cleaner and it really does neutralize any odors (at least from human smell). I own a Rug Doctor now because of this too. I also use pee pads, but she is not always consistent about where her accidents happen.

I should have been more specific though, the cat is not immediately laying on the pee spot (so no worry about scalding), it only seems to happen when I am in the process of leaving the house and suddenly the accident will happen with the dog and I have to put rags on it and clean it later, because I don't have time to shampoo. So, later when I get home, the cat walks over and lays on the pee spot (rags)! Probably about an hour or two at most from when I left.