cat is circling

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry about your loss. How hard after 20 years to say goodbye. I know that this will probably not comfort you, but I had a 18 yr old that had what the vet believed to be a stroke and was put on a steroid treatment also. She continued to live until age 20 but her quality of life really was not very good after that time. I'm certain that she is smiling down upon you for all the love and care you provided her all of these years. You will see her again

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Meower! I was'nt expecting this!!!I am soo sorry for the sudden loss of your baby. I know she was showing signs of illness, but it still happened too fast I hope you can reflect on the good times you shared with her,and rest knowing she is in a better place out of pain. RIP sweet kitty.

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat... it's so hard to lose a friend that has been around for so long... you are in my thoughts

RIP sweet old lady

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of your companion and family member. While I envy you having a kitty live to be 20, I do greive with you for this terrible loss! May your memories bring you comfort!

I'm glad you are a member of TCS, with others who love cats.

Rest in peace, little kitty. You were blessed to be so loved in life, and now will know nothing but happiness and full health forever.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your loss of your special, long-time friend. She left this world knowing she was loved and she joins a wonderful group of TCS cats over RB. Please feel keep us updated on how you are doing - an empty cat-sized hole in the heart is so painful. May your many years of happy memories of your cat give some comfort.
Susan

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry about your loss.
...I really figured How hard after 20 years to say goodbye..
My deep condolences to you...

RIP Sweet angel!

chris macaulay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am posting a reply here although too late for condolences for others seeking info.  Cat circling etc. is a common symptom of parasites (FIE, feline ischemic encephalopath causing rodent flies) that may be fairly safely treated by broad acting antihelmintics such as Ivermectin

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for giving another possible diagnosis, especially with the elderly it is important to correctly identify what is wrong and treat it as quickly as possible. I had a tech tell me once that the Prednisone I was giving an elderly cat would cause problems if used long term, I replied that he was dieing from cancer and had no long term, and if this made him more comfortable I would give it as long as he needed. There is another forum up at the top for 'cat health' (click on 'forums'), feel free to post there too, it really might help someone .Always ask the advice of your vet before using anything like Ivermectin, only TINY amounts are used and need to be correctly measured. My vet has treated my ferals with it for ear mites because it usually takes care of this problem with one dose, and it is a inexpensive med too.Insulin syringes were used because of the tiny amounts. Once again, thank you, and welcome to the Cat Site!