Cat in pain

Sashagirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't really expect a miracle but was wondering of anyone has had a similar situation. About 3 months ago, our 12 yo cat started to growl about once a night while sitting and would run away from her spot. She has been to The Pet ER twice since and her regular vet. One evening she growled and jogged around panting for 4 hours (1st er visit). Only thing found at her vet visit was a hyperthyroid. Treatment has worked. Second ER visit suspected a UTI which we were glad about because it made sense. Over a.week later and antibiotic has done nothing. She is also on gabapentin which helps but not always. She has a follow up appt with regular vet next week. Anyone experience a crouching, growling sometimes hissing cat who appears.to be in pain but nothing is being found? Thanks

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
What is the treatment you are, or were? doing for the hyperthyroid?

Has her blood pressure been checked?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sashagirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, she's taking transdermal methimazole 2.5 mg twice a day. In one month her number went from 5.7 to 1.3. Interesting question about the bp. Both er visits said it was high but they attributed it to stress. Also has been suspected hyperesthesia, but other than her growling at her hind area, she doesnt show usual signs of it (no biting her tail). Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sashagirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I will ask. I asked last week and the vet said she wanted to figure out the suspected pain first. But we do want to reduce her dose so I will ask again. Thank you!