Cat in heat and tummy enlarged

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! So one of my fosters is in heat for the second time. She is about 6 months old and her spay has been delayed for health reasons; she is very small for her size and has weak immunity so the surgery has been delayed until she gains a little more weight.

Her first heat cycle was about 3 weeks ago and it was NOT pleasant for us😑. She is an extremely vocal cat and that became 10 times worse when she was in heat. She would yowl all day, all night and sometimes it was just deafening eventhough we would isolate her in a separate room from time to time. It was verrry stressful for us and I wanted to get her spayed right then and there.

Now she's in her second cycle and somehow it's even more worse than the previous one. She is a SCREAMER!!! And it's extremely frustrating🥲 and disturbing to the other cats at home. However I noticed that her belly has swollen now during her heat cycle; even in the previous heat cycle her tummy was lightly swollen. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should be concerned?

Note: yes, she will be spayed once I have received the "ok" from the vet just not yet.

FurryMonsters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Or perhaps ring the vet's, they can tell you whether that's something they see often in cats in heat.