Cat Household

Deefla82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I am new, stumbled upon this site googling about my new kitten. We (me, my daughter&my mom) have 4 cats. We've had many many cats over my life, my mom grew up the same, w/ often multiple at a time. We just love them. We love dogs too but they're more responsibility, with the needing to go outside for bathroom and walks etc. We usually get them from shelters and nowadays they require u fix them before u can adopt. We usually always did before, tho we have occasionally had ones get pregnant before they were or were found pregnant.

Loki has been my personal youngest at ~10 wks, per the vet. He's a Siamese type, they said. He bites my nose and chin sometimes, meows to wake me in morning when he thinks it's past feeding time (he is always at least 30mins early) and burrows into my neck to sleep at night.

Our current oldest, is named Baby Kitty. She's my mom's and was the only survivor of a litter from a cat my mom took in who was pregnant. She's calico and now a Bob tail bc we used to live on a highway and she goes outside during the day. She got hit and her tail was no longer responsive so the vet removed it. We've since moved to a neighborhood and she still goes outside during the day. Not so much recently now that the heat is summer heights. But she often brings us presents (dead things, lizards to baby birds to moles to even snakes!) and leaves them on the door step. She also does what we call nosey nosey, where she presses her nose to yours and do a tiny Eskimo kiss. W/ me she demands head kisses. Rather insistently. Not that I mind. She rather resented Loki at first but I caught her playing w/ him yesterday, which is how it goes w/ each new cat we add, really. She runs this house and has to establish rank before she can take over as mama.

Next is Tiger Lily. My daughter wanted a cat of her own so off to the shelter we went. Tiger is striped and just over a year old. She will come lay on you if you lay down on the couch and rub against your legs while you sit on the toilet until you pet her. She is still iffy about Loki. I think bc he is a boy and this is only the 2nd cat we've added since we got her. She was only a few months old when we took in the black one, Panthie.

She was supposed to be a foster for animal control bc they were getting crowded but, well. Once Panthie and Tiger got attached we couldn't bear to separate them. They would play together, sleep together, clean each other. Panthie is a bit less human focused. She took a long time to let me pet her, it was only my daughter at first. But she took to Loki as soon as we allowed him free throughout the house. Now Panthie and Loki are the ones who play and sleep together and she often bathes him. I'm glad she has, too, bc he would bite really hard at first and it's gotten better now.

Anyway, that's our cat quartet :) looking forward to meeting y'all and discussing our fur babies!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely quartet of kitties! :loveeyes:

Welcome to TCS!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3142.GIF

Lovely bunch of fur babies here! :lovecat::lovecat4:

Do check out the many good reads in the Articles section and do post more photos of your kitties please :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deefla82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank u all for the lovely welcome! Here's another pic of tiger and panthie just because :)

Attachments