Cat Having Night Terrors

MomOf TheBestCat1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got an account purely to respond to those of you experiencing these sleep tremors. I was going through the same thing with my cat, and without answers she ended up have two strokes. Saw kitty neurologists, two ER vets, literally tens of thousands of dollars later… it was hyperthyroidism. See if you can get a Free T4 blood test. Within a week of Methimazole 2x a day the tremors have completely stopped and no more strokes. I hope this is helpful!! (One other culprit might be low thiamine levels… can’t do a blood test but can get an injection and see if that helps)

MomOf TheBestCat1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, JoannKB JoannKB my cat (also 2 years old) does the same thing. I have very similar videos to this one. He also seems to be in “attack mode” during these episodes. We’ve had him looked at by our vet and consulted with a neurologist. For a period of time they thought these episodes were seizures and then came to the conclusion they are night terrors. We have him on medication now that lessens the amount of these episodes but they are still frequent. Have you learned anything new or gotten any answers about your sweet kitty? I am desperate for answers or help!
I got an account purely to respond to those of you experiencing these sleep tremors. I was going through the same thing with my cat, and without answers she ended up have two strokes. Saw kitty neurologists, two ER vets, literally tens of thousands of dollars later… it was hyperthyroidism. See if you can get a Free T4 blood test. Within a week of Methimazole 2x a day the tremors have completely stopped and no more strokes. I hope this is helpful!! (One other culprit might be low thiamine levels… can’t do a blood test but can get an injection and see if that helps)