Cat have trouble jumping and pain in stomach/chest area

Bnagy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! So my cat hasn't been able to jump or be super active the past 2 weeks (pulls herself up places with 2 front paws) and i had just assumed it was a muscle strain or something and was waiting for her to heal up but I've noticed now that whenever i pick her up near her front legs she whines when picked up. Does anyone have any clue what this might be before i take her to the vet?

She has been very loving for the most part but she has been staying in different spots than usual because its harder for her to jump sround.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You have an appointment as soon as possible? It's impossible for me to even guess, but I hope that it's something that's easily diagnosed and treatable!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I ditto the fact that you need to take her in to be seen. We are not Vets and it's really impossible to guess what might be going on with your little one.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Have you been able to get a vet appointment? Is she eating/drinking OK? How old is she? If older, the back leg issue could be arthritis. Is she limping?

It sounds like there could be two related issues - 1.) something that is causing her to be unwilling or able to jump using her back legs, and 2.) she might have strained her front legs by pulling herself up onto things in order to avoid using her back legs. That would explain the soreness near her front legs. Is she also experiencing any pain/soreness in her back legs?

Keep us posted!