Cat Hasnt Returned Home

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat loves to go out at night at 9, and has a routine of waiting at the door at 7am the next morning to have his breakfast. He does this everyday, but he was not there yesterday morning. I have been calling his name in my garden and the streets and i have seen no sign of him. My friends say he might turn up after 3 days so i shouldn't worry, but it is so hot outside i am worried he has nothing to drink or eat. he always responds to his name. I have no idea what to do or if he is safe. does anyone have any adivce? he is also microchipped.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it makes you feel any better, mine recently got out and was gone 7 days. She showed up as if nothing had happened. It is hot here, too. In the 90's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it makes you feel any better, mine recently got out and was gone 7 days. She showed up as if nothing had happened. It is hot here, too. In the 90's.
wow 7 days! is that something cats normally do? i dont think i can even bare one day without my kitten. do you think your cat was being looked after another family on its time away?

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, she is a semi-feral, but still....it is not all that uncommon for kitties. I don't want to give false hope, but I definitely would not give up yet. Keep calling him and searching.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to put food and water out for him.

Is he an intact adolescent or older tom? If so, he's probably just discovered the smell of a female in heat and is off trying to do something about it - the smell can travel for several miles.

If you have pictures, post them in grocery stores and on any other public bulletin boards. Include your phone number on little tear-off strips along the bottom, and include the word "reward." You may also want to check the local shelters. And you can take the picture around to your neighbors and ask whether they've seen him.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think i will put some food out for him incase, but it might get eaten by other cats as there are a few in my area! Kitten has been neutered too. I was thinking about posting some fliers but do you think it is to soon as it has been two days so far? I was thinking of doing that after four or five. Ive been around the neighbours and no one has seen any sign of him, and i have been around my area and he hasnt replied. How far out should i be putting these posters as i suspect he is quite far away

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s up to you when you put out fliers. I would prepare a small flier now and hand copies to neighbors when you go around asking after him. That way you know they have a photo and contact information. I would post large posters in day-glo colors around the neighborhood after three days. They should have LOST CAT and REWARD as well as your phone number in huge letters (that a driver can see without getting out of the car) and other information, such as good color photo, chip number, place and time last seen, any identifying marks, you get the idea.

Make sure you change damaged posters often and don’t give up. I found my Zabi six weeks after he got out of the house.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd suggest posting up some fliers since it doesn't do anyone any harm. And talking to your neighbors or passerby so that maybe they can let you know if they spot him. I'd also suggest putting out either his litter box outside or a bed/blanket that he sleeps on so he can find his scent home.