cat has sudden diarrhoea ?

jamie_02

1 kitty ; 1 year old cat named quinn <3
Young Cat
Purraise
hey, so quinn has randomly developed diarrhoea over the past 24 hours, she’s acting exactly like normal, she’s being super playful still, she’s eating perfectly fine, she went to the tray midnight on saturday night and it was completely normal and then she went sunday morning at 9 am and it was softer than usual, a bit like cowpat ?? and that happened at around 1pm too, we thought she was better as she didn’t use the tray again for around 10 hours, she was eating fine, drinking a bit more than usual and i assumed that was due to the diarrhoea, then at 11 sunday night she had watery diarrhoea, she seemed completely fine still, she wasn’t acting any different, she went through the night completely fine, and at around 9:30 this morning she also had another watery diarrhoea, she’s still acting like normal, infact straight after she used the tray she tried to initiate me to chase her [one of her favourite games we play] but obviously i couldn’t as i needed to clean out the tray again, she’s at the vets today at 2:30 but i’m just looking for some peace of mind to be honest ?? i’ve never had a cat, let alone a pet before so all of this is completely new to me, but she’s acting completely normal so to be honest i’m just baffled :lol:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a few things that caused the diarrhoea, something she has eaten or just an upset tummy. The fact that she is eating well and acting normally is good. Home remedies you could use are pumpkin and I have had a lot of success with s boulardii. Its good that she is going to be checked by your vet, let us know how it goes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You've probably been to the vet by now, I'm five hours behind you. Or, you'll be going shortly. Let us know what they say, please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamie_02

1 kitty ; 1 year old cat named quinn <3
Young Cat
Purraise
she’s home, they prescribed her 4 days of purina fortiflora probiotics, they said she’s perfect weight, 3.2kg, her tummy isn’t distended and she’s super well hydrated, just gave her her daily probiotic now and she actually really liked it :lol: she was licking it of the plate, she also got compliments on what beautiful condition she’s in, which makes me feel very proud as her owner haha, so now we just wait the probiotics to work its magic and hope it settles everything down okay !! :hearthrob: