Cat has infection on nose

MrRaspberyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey!
I have multiple stray cats that live outside my house which I take care of. One of them, her name's Coffee, has had this infection on her nose for quite some time. It bleeds after a few days and then dries and the cycle continues. We never took it seriously since she never showed any sign of pain but we feel like there may be a solution for it which is why I am asking about her. Another cat has also gotten this infection but it is not that bad. Also, for some reason, the infection seems to only affect females and no males. I am attaching a photo and would really appreciate some help. :) Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 1.14.57 PM.png This is a pic of Coffee.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Has the wound looked like it’s gotten deeper or more spread out? Would it be possible to humanely trap them and get them to the vet? While it could just be an infection, it looks a lot like it could be a carcinoma. Since it’s affecting two cats, though, it could be some sort of fungus or bacterial disease, though, which needs to be looked at and have a treatment prescribed, anyway. It’s hard to be completely certain of what it is without testing, and a generic OTC treatment may make it worse, sadly.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That looks nasty! Do you have a good rapport with a vet that might be willing to look at that pic and offer their thoughts - you could send it to them and see what they say? As said above, it is probably fungal or bacterial in nature, since it is happening with more than one cat.

Can you touch this cat? Would she accept a swabbing of her nose with a Q-tip? Ask the vet if this would be a good way to bring a sample in for testing if need be.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrRaspberyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much for the help. I had also thought it was some kind of bacterial disease since it was affecting multiple cats. I am able to touch this cat and could possibly get a swab of her nose but I would still need to find a vet which, I feel like, is the best choice. Maybe there is some topical cream for such infections... Thank you again. :)