cat has been gone for 7 days now :(

sepehr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our one and half year old fixed female cat has been missing for a week now.  It all started when we adopted a 5 month old male Siamese last month and that has brought the attention of a male stray cat.  He has attacked our cats on three different occasions when I let them out for two hours every morning.

The last attack happened on Sunday morning. I thought I had locked in all of our 3 cats before we went out for breakfast but as I found out later one, I was wrong. When I came back I noticed Michi was missing and I immediately went out to look for her. The old lady couple of houses down the block told me a big male cat was beating up on her real bad and she took off running towards an abondoned baseball field at the end of the block. Now, Mitchi wasn't very social and vocal but whenever I'd call her she would show up in front of me within seconds. So I started calling out for her but she didn't respond. I waited until midnight to call for her and nothing again.

I posted several flyers, checked with neighbors, and I've been getting up at 4 am every morning going around the block and searching all over the abondoned baseball field and I came across with other few cats but none of them were out Michi. Later that week, a little boy told me that he had seen Michi and that one of her leg was hurt :(

I'm desperate and running out of options and also worried about her health. The big question is that why she won't come to me when I call her? Is she that frightened still?

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck finding Michi.  I hope she turns up soon.  Did the little boy show you where she was last seen?

In the meantime, I would not let my other cats outside.  Also check and see if there is a TNR program so the stray cat can be neutered.  This would alleviate the fighting that is taking place with the other cats.