Cat has a small lump that bleeds

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be many things, but an injury and an abscess come to mind when they bleed while being cleaned. both should heal on their own in time. Just keep the area clean, apply some antibiotic salve you have for yourself, without pain killers, those are toxic. I keep cat wound spray around for these things, I get it at farm supply stores like Tractor Supply or on Amazon or Walmart online. Spray it and soak a small piece of cloth or a cotton ball and apply it to the wound. I found the spraying sound of the wound cleaner scares cats. Of course, if it gets worse call your vet, but keep an eye on it now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RPB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could be many things, but an injury and an abscess come to mind when they bleed while being cleaned. both should heal on their own in time. Just keep the area clean, apply some antibiotic salve you have for yourself, without pain killers, those are toxic. I keep cat wound spray around for these things, I get it at farm supply stores like Tractor Supply or on Amazon or Walmart online. Spray it and soak a small piece of cloth or a cotton ball and apply it to the wound. I found the spraying sound of the wound cleaner scares cats. Of course, if it gets worse call your vet, but keep an eye on it now.
Thank you, I was worried it could be a tick she is in indoor cat but I let her out on the balcony to watch birds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RPB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also can I use Neosporin I am reading mix opinion on if it’s safe for cats.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, especially in that area, she can't get to it very easily. just make sure it doesn't have pain relievers in it as many do nowadays. ticks are really bad right now, I pulled two off myself after gardening. They are about that size, but are hard, shiny, and have legs out the sides. They are like a scab with legs!

• Purraise
Reactions: RPB