Cat got hit by a car, not eating or drinking, very lethargic

Camgurrll

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I found a cat that got hit by a car on the side of the road last night. She has not been drinking water or eating. She is mostly laying around and trying to sleep. She won’t pee or poop either: When I found her she was unconscious and had defacated herself. She seemed to be bleeding from her mouth but I could not tell if she was just scraped or it was coming up. Maybe a little blood from her eyes initially? She has started to meow and walk around a bit more. She was purring too. I don’t have the money to bring her to a vet and they will euthanize her but I don’t know if she has a chance and if there’s something I can do here. Thank you.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for trying to help her Camgurrll Camgurrll

She really needs medical attention. If she is comfortable in your presence and allows you to handle her she may have an owner. That means she may be microchipped. Please call or e-mail your local vets and humane society for advice. You could also Google animal rescue centers in your town and ask if they can help. They won't euthanise her if she has a chance of surviving and maybe has a family out looking for her.

For now just keep her somewhere warm and quiet so she doesn't get too stressed out.

Please keep us updated.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please call vets and rescues in your area. See if there is anyone willing to try to save her before assuming that no one will help. I also agree with getting her checked for a chip even if no one will help her without getting paid for it. If she has owners, I am sure they are desperate for news and would pay for her care.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I live stray injured animals are taken to animal control. Do you think this cat is owned? Could it possibly have a microchip? If it was me, I would take her to the vet to be treated and and checked for a microchip, so the owner could be informed. If no mc, I would still get the word out on social media and local social media sites. You never know. If any owner comes forth, than you should be relieved from paying for this poor injured cat. If not, pay for it, then put up a post on a crowd-sourcing sites with pics of the poor kitty and a copy of the vet bill as proof (blurb out your info to protect yourself).

I am sorry, but the cat must see a vet, you do not know the extent of her injuries. It could be worse than it looks.Think, if this was your pet, would you like others to try to help it?

I wish you the best. I hope others here offer you their support. Hang in there.🙂