Cat genital leaking in sleep

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today my cat was sleeping and I saw his genital was out and some liquid in drops (2-3) drops very slowly was leaking from his genital,it was also moving a bit which made my cat a bit uncomfortable and then the genital went back inside, my cat drinks water in a good amount,but when he goes to pee in the litterbox,sometimes he digs,sits ready to pee but then changes his position and digs,sits to pee and then again changes his position and digs and sits and then pees,bathe end he ways pees,i don't know if he does that because he is not happy with digging or if its normal for cats to dig a few times or if he is having struggle peeing,he pees well after drinking water he pees regularly,what could it be,des this happen to your cat,he is 8.5 months old.

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please take your kitty to a vet if you think he is having any discomfort with peeing and if you see his genitals are leaking and causing discomfort. He may have a UTI that is making him have more urge to pee and starting to hurt. Get him checked out, ask for a urinalysis and a urine culture (different things). Good luck!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Here is another thread from this site (very old) that you might find interesting.
do male cats have wet dreams? | TheCatSite

All that aside, the litter box situation you describe would seem to warrant having your vet run a urinalysis and urine culture as noted above. Many times, vets do not add the urine culture to the urinalysis because it is expensive and is not purposeful unless bacteria show up in the urinalysis. At that point the urine culture serves to identify the specific bacteria involved and the most effective antibiotic treatment.