Cat Gender Help Please

Glenna1313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just took in a 9 week old kitty and unsure of the gender? I would love help from experienced cat parents. I'm a first time cat owner in a long so I'm not sure and doubting myself even with Google help. Yes I'll be bringing him/her to the vets soon but I'd like to know in the meantime while I wait. Thank you so much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Glenna1313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like a boy to me, but this one is not easy to tell.
I am leaning towards male but I feel like i could be wrong. I guess I figured his/her anatomy would be more defined by now but maybe too young right now? A few friends said they think male but weren't positive either.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is male, it is too early to see the testicles. They will descend in time. If they never do, he's a female. The vet will know for sure.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looks female to me! Vet can answer for sure, as testicles can take time to descend. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fairly sure it's a boy. Can you get a picture with him standing up, with his tail held up, taken straight from the back? That's the best angle, nothing squished. Some kitties will hold their tails up when you scritch their back at the base of the tail so that might work to get him to pose.

Glenna1313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm fairly sure it's a boy. Can you get a picture with him standing up, with his tail held up, taken straight from the back? That's the best angle, nothing squished. Some kitties will hold their tails up when you scritch their back at the base of the tail so that might work to get him to pose.
Here's some photo from behind and nice one .. hope they help lol.

Attachments

Glenna1313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I finally got the confirmation from the experts as well to confirm he's a boy. Decided to name him Drago (from the Rocky movies lol). He's adjusting well in the new house. Very spunky and bouncy.