Cat gave birth to stillborn kittens, now gagging and eat less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 2 y.o cat that gave birth to 2 kittens about 1 week ago (they're premature and died immediately after delivery). After that day, my cat became clingy and demand for more attention which I understand. She refused to eat as well, but I managed to make her eat a little bit by giving her fish oil. She drinks just fine, but eat less, and today, she starts gagging but nothing comes out, can you guys tell me what happened to her? There's no vet in my region, the nearest vet would be 6 hours drive, and I definitely have no money or car for some reasons.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 2 y.o cat that gave birth to 2 kittens about 1 week ago (they're premature and died immediately after delivery). After that day, my cat became clingy and demand for more attention which I understand. She refused to eat as well, but I managed to make her eat a little bit by giving her fish oil. She drinks just fine, but eat less, and today, she starts gagging but nothing comes out, can you guys tell me what happened to her? There's no vet in my region, the nearest vet would be 6 hours drive, and I definitely have no money or car for some reasons.
Hello Sai_mo Sai_mo and welcome to TCS! My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your precious kittens. I don't know where you are, but it is VERY important that cats receive medical care. Because there are far too many cats without homes, spaying and neutering is critically important. And baseline innoculations are, too, to keep them protected against the many kinds of sickness they might get otherwise. Cats should be kept indoors only to protect them from sickness and the many dangers in the world. Your cat definitely needs veterinary care as soon as possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Sai_mo Sai_mo and welcome to TCS! My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your precious kittens. I don't know where you are, but it is VERY important that cats receive medical care. Because there are far too many cats without homes, spaying and neutering is critically important. And baseline innoculations are, too, to keep them protected against the many kinds of sickness they might get otherwise. Cats should be kept indoors only to protect them from sickness and the many dangers in the world. Your cat definitely needs veterinary care as soon as possible.
Yes, thank you! I actually planned to spay my cat on my holiday, but she somehow managed to escape the house a few months when I left her for college and got pregnant. I can't go anywhere immediately, and I have to wait for holiday before I can actually take my cat to the vet

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, thank you! I actually planned to spay my cat on my holiday, but she somehow managed to escape the house a few months when I left her for college and got pregnant. I can't go anywhere immediately, and I have to wait for holiday before I can actually take my cat to the vet
I hope and pray it is soon. She may be in distress and very ill.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright::vibes::vibes::vibes: What a distressing situation for your poor cat and you! Perhaps you can consult an online vet or even a holistic online vet. Are there any cat rescue groups or compassionate neighbors to whom you can reach out? I grew up in a rural area so I completely understand the lack of convenient veterinary services; when I was a child, our local vet did primarily livestock not pets. If you call the vet, they may have some suggestions - if your cat needs antibiotic for infection or perhaps more calcium. The vet might even be able to suggest some pain management. There is a reason that her little body did not carry the babies to term. Please keep us updated and know that I am sending vibes and am praying that your little cat recovers completely and you have many happy years together.

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:alright::vibes::vibes::vibes: What a distressing situation for your poor cat and you! Perhaps you can consult an online vet or even a holistic online vet. Are there any cat rescue groups or compassionate neighbors to whom you can reach out? I grew up in a rural area so I completely understand the lack of convenient veterinary services; when I was a child, our local vet did primarily livestock not pets. If you call the vet, they may have some suggestions - if your cat needs antibiotic for infection or perhaps more calcium. The vet might even be able to suggest some pain management. There is a reason that her little body did not carry the babies to term. Please keep us updated and know that I am sending vibes and am praying that your little cat recovers completely and you have many happy years together.
Thank you so much, and growing up in rural area especially when people around you eat cats and dogs are suck 😢 there's basically no vet in my area, but as an update, my cat got better. She ate more and started playing again which is a good news 😁

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so relieved to read your optimistic update. It is VERY stressful to be in a cultural area where cats and dogs are not pets. Back in the mid-80s, I visited my brother in Hawai'i and his neighbors were that way. There was a dish called dog adobo that the neighbors enjoyed, especially if the dog was black. I inadvertently insulted the neighbors when I declined joining their "imu (?)" that was a sort of deep pit BBQ to cook a beautiful sea turtle. The inside of that huge turtle's shell was iridescent and very beautiful and I silently mourned the death of such a precious and endangered creature. I was surprised that the rather traditional meal did not include ceremony of thanks to the animal for giving its spirit of life so that the humans could nourish their bodies- after that, I was called "haole".

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so relieved to read your optimistic update. It is VERY stressful to be in a cultural area where cats and dogs are not pets. Back in the mid-80s, I visited my brother in Hawai'i and his neighbors were that way. There was a dish called dog adobo that the neighbors enjoyed, especially if the dog was black. I inadvertently insulted the neighbors when I declined joining their "imu (?)" that was a sort of deep pit BBQ to cook a beautiful sea turtle. The inside of that huge turtle's shell was iridescent and very beautiful and I silently mourned the death of such a precious and endangered creature. I was surprised that the rather traditional meal did not include ceremony of thanks to the animal for giving its spirit of life so that the humans could nourish their bodies- after that, I was called "haole".
That's so terrifying, I never knew people would eat sea turtle! Out of all animal, why does it has to be sea turtle, it makes me feel upset 😔 I hope it's no longer practiced nowadays

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so terrifying, I never knew people would eat sea turtle! Out of all animal, why does it has to be sea turtle, it makes me feel upset 😔 I hope it's no longer practiced nowadays
It's very much practiced. Even worse is your sharing about cats. Cats should be respected, protected, and LOVED, globally. I advocate for capital punishment (losing one's life) for everyone harming ANY cat, as was law in ancient Egypt, a far more highly evolved society than any currently on earth.

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's very much practiced. Even worse is your sharing about cats. Cats should be respected, protected, and LOVED, globally. I advocate for capital punishment (losing one's life) for everyone harming ANY cat, as was law in ancient Egypt, a far more highly evolved society than any currently on earth.
I fully agree with you! I started to respect egypt and india more, they do respect animals more than other countries. Even in south korea, there are laws that protected animal. Here in Indonesia, animals are not respected at all, there's no law for them. My precious friend when I was in junior high school, a dog, was eaten by my own uncle while I was out of town, and there's nothing I can do about it. Recently, there are some police officer's that abused dogs to dead. Some mad man ate a kitten ALIVE a few years back. Does he gets a punishment? NO. It's terrible to live here with this kind of laws. I wish I live in UK or US or anywhere where animals are respected

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sai_mo Sai_mo That is terrible about the poor animals in your country. Even here in the US, it can be hard to get justice for animals, especially chickens and cats. we have a neighbor who brags about trapping cats and abandoning them in the Mojave desert where they will perish from extreme heat and thirst if the predators such as coyotes, snakes and cougars don't get them. she claims that they killed the lizards and quail in her yard even though she traps at night and uses bait to lure them. If they were really after her lizards, the cats would be in her yard during daylight hours. as for the quail, she and her boyfriend removed the native sagebrush and grasses (primary shelter and food) and replaced it with lawn, so the quail have moved to my area even though I have TNR'd feral cats who live in my yard. she used to leave us voicemails bragging about her misdeeds and even left a note on my car but law enforcement was unable to act upon it without more evidence.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fully agree with you! I started to respect egypt and india more, they do respect animals more than other countries. Even in south korea, there are laws that protected animal. Here in Indonesia, animals are not respected at all, there's no law for them. My precious friend when I was in junior high school, a dog, was eaten by my own uncle while I was out of town, and there's nothing I can do about it. Recently, there are some police officer's that abused dogs to dead. Some mad man ate a kitten ALIVE a few years back. Does he gets a punishment? NO. It's terrible to live here with this kind of laws. I wish I live in UK or US or anywhere where animals are respected
Unfortunately, some stories you may hear give a false impression. Unkindness and the worst crimes and criminals of all exist in every nation. That's why I don't agree with people that say any particular nation is "bad" and laws are often NOT enforced. Evil people exist everywhere. My policy on them would be what I have stated, which is too radical for most people. But I stand by it. If the innocent and blameless are not protected by everyone in a society, that society is saying it is okay to harm them. And it is NOT okay.

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sai_mo Sai_mo That is terrible about the poor animals in your country. Even here in the US, it can be hard to get justice for animals, especially chickens and cats. we have a neighbor who brags about trapping cats and abandoning them in the Mojave desert where they will perish from extreme heat and thirst if the predators such as coyotes, snakes and cougars don't get them. she claims that they killed the lizards and quail in her yard even though she traps at night and uses bait to lure them. If they were really after her lizards, the cats would be in her yard during daylight hours. as for the quail, she and her boyfriend removed the native sagebrush and grasses (primary shelter and food) and replaced it with lawn, so the quail have moved to my area even though I have TNR'd feral cats who live in my yard. she used to leave us voicemails bragging about her misdeeds and even left a note on my car but law enforcement was unable to act upon it without more evidence.
Terrible people do exist and their terribleness are neverending :(

Sai_mo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately, some stories you may hear give a false impression. Unkindness and the worst crimes and criminals of all exist in every nation. That's why I don't agree with people that say any particular nation is "bad" and laws are often NOT enforced. Evil people exist everywhere. My policy on them would be what I have stated, which is too radical for most people. But I stand by it. If the innocent and blameless are not protected by everyone in a society, that society is saying it is okay to harm them. And it is NOT okay.
Yeah I get your point, but at least in a nation with laws for animal, we can seek justice for them, and protect them better than just being hopeless and depressed over something we know we can't help.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I get your point, but at least in a nation with laws for animal, we can seek justice for them, and protect them better than just being hopeless and depressed over something we know we can't help.
How I wish that were true, Sai_mo Sai_mo ! In reality, it depends upon the whims of the judge deciding the case, if it even reaches a court, as to whether or not the law is actually enforced, and even if it is, it amounts to little more than a slap on the wrist for people with such evil, morally bankrupt minds and actions as to make little, if any, difference. I am deeply saddened, angered, frustrated, and discouraged every single day; but I also work every single day for the cats I love, for a better world, and for people to be universally educated. I will never stop; and I encourage everyone everywhere to join in this effort. Sharing for cats seeking loving permanent homes on social media (twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.) saves many precious lives, and anyone, anywhere, can do this.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note:

We are so pleased, Sai_mo, that your girl is on the mend. :)

This thread has gone very much off topic and is now a discussion that would usually be moved to our
In My Opinion forum.
Unfortunately Sai_mo Sai_mo is new and does not currently have access to that forum, so we will lock the thread to further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.