Cat Found In Garage W/o Food Or Water 36 Hours.

FaithandHope

Boogie
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i found a cat in my gagage last night when i came home from a 36 hour trip. This cat had nothing for thw whole time and doesnt look well. Started drinling water right away last nite at 11pm. Probably too fast as she has thrown up a couple times. She was drinking water still at midnight and then at 6:30 this morning I found her across the garage from the water very weak unable to really walk on her own she has drink more water since then and I've given her some food in the syringe. What do I do my funds are very limited. I don't mind feeding her for a couple of days if that will work it was only 36 hours that I know. I did get a couple small biyes of food down her last night too.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,
When you pinch up a fold of skin on her, does it "snap back" quickly? If it doesn't, then she is very dehydrated. If she is drinking/eating, I would leave out a bowl of Pedialyte for her, and offer very small amounts of meat baby food (no onion/garlic) mixed with water every couple hours.

If she can't walk, is dehydrated and throwing up she really needs a vet to evaluate her and give sub-q fluids. Good luck! :vibes::hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaithandHope

Boogie
Kitten
Purraise
I am taking her but i had to get money first. I know it is too late she is barely moving. How can this happen so fast. I know they have to eat and drink but she was hydrating herself last night and it seems like she gave up? I am sorry i dont mean to show my sadness, I am alone in this city and don't have anyone to talk too. She is the best kitty, definitely different , never demanding, always so gentle, with wake up kisses every morning. I am mad at God right now, I love Him too, but I am mad at Him!!!!!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Take a look at these financial aid links, maybe there's something for you, and also;

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Financial Aid for Pets

Try making this;
tent test for dehydration and home-made pedialyte recipe - The Daily Kitten

Also, try making one of these;
Kitten Glop Recipes - Supplementing Cats and Kittens with nutritious formula you make at home: presented by Bengal Cat breeder Foothill Felines. --This website has a number of kitten glop recipes, with ingredients that you may very well have in your house.

These can be used on their own or combined with food. Also, if you heat the food a little - stir it so there aren't any hot spots from the microwave. Or you could heat some water, about a tablespoon, and add that to canned food. A shot glass works to stir it all up.
  • Chicken, beef or ham flavored baby food such as Gerber Stage 2 - make sure there is no garlic or onions in the ingredients
  • Tuna and/or the juice, a low mercury/low/no sodium brand is called SafeCatch
  • Salmon, mackerel
  • Sardines (make sure there are no bones)
  • boiled cut up chicken or turkey with no seasonings
  • canned kitten food any brand - it's usually smelly. See if it's eaten on its own, then maybe mix it in or put on top
  • Try mixing in Kitten Milk Replacer - there are recipes on the internet or store bought
  • Fish, tuna or BBQ flavored canned wet food (I personally have never seen BBQ flavors, but...)
  • Lickable cat treats or pouch treat 'gravy' poured over the food
  • kitten glop (recipes in website link above)
  • Bonito flakes
  • fortiflora
  • fish oil
  • green beans, asparagus mushed up
  • goat milk, or no lactose cow milk
  • whole cooked eggs (the white must always be cooked) or raw egg yolk now and then
  • broth with no salt and no garlic or onion or seasonings of any kind
  • There are also commercial toppers, Applaws is a brand that can work well as a topper
  • Some good treats would be freeze dried Purebites, Orijen, Meowtinis, Meowables
  • There are also Lickimats that you could spread types of soft food onto, even plain unflavored yogurt, and even freeze it. Licking something can help a cat to feel better emotionally The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats
  • shredded cheddar cheese

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:yeah:

She really needs a vet asap. If she can lift her head up you need to syringe feed Pedialyte and meat baby food mixed with water (the kind with no garlic/onion/spices) into her. If she is alive but cannot move then she needs to be rushed to the vet immediately (don't try feeding in that case). See Furballsmom Furballsmom 's post.

Hope she makes it. :vibes::hearthrob: