Cat Fighting With Neighbour

Damienr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
our cat is going into the neighbours house eating there food and having massive fights in the middle of the night causing great disturbance to the neighbour , he has now informed me he his laying down poison we have tryed to keep him in at night but some times he doesn’t come in till very late he is 4 yrs old and was neutered when he was 6 months old , I would really appreciate advice that would help us resolve the problem ,thanks in advance

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Damienr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry your cat is getting himself into mischief. If the neighbour is serious about using poison, you will have to do everything to keep your cat inside. Here's a couple articles that might be helpful:

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

Also, would you be able to build him a catio?
Cat Enclosures

Or take him outside on a harness & leash?
Harness And Leash Training For Cats
Thanks for your reply we were thinking that that was the only real solution but I was also wondering is there any sort of deterrent we could put at the neighbour house or maybe a strategy for a type of behavioural therapy ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a motion activated sprinkler. This, however, could be expensive, for one thing since there would likely have to be mutiple ones plus your neighbor might not want them.
For two/three, the threat of poison is serious, and immediate. Behavioral therapy takes time, so I'm not sure that is a viable option in this situation.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How exactly is he getting into the neighbour's house?

Damienr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is getting in trough the window that the neighbour leaves open so the his own cat can go in and out ...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I figured it was something like that. And, unfortunately, nothing you can control, other than keeping your cat inside. :sigh:

Damienr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thanks