Cat died 15 hrs after the exterminator… help

KathrynOKC

Mau lover
Kitten
Purraise
I’m devastated. My 7yr Ole female Mau died after the exterminator. She told us to remove the animals from the area for an hour. After we contact them they said there was no way it killed her.

she is currently having a necropsy performed and I’m waiting on the results.

don’t trust these people they are clueless to the sensitivity cats have to these products. It’s horrible what’s happened. I traveled to Egypt to bring her back to Oklahoma. It wasn’t something I did easily financially or physically. Egypt was still showing issues of the revolution.

I want her death to bring as much awareness as I can. The company needs to be educated about their responsibility of information given to clients as being accurate. If anyone wants to help educate them send me a message.

if you rent please make sure you remove your animals for several days especially the cats.

she was removed from the home for five hours and let back in we found her having difficulty at 5am and ran her to an emergency clinic only for her to pass of cardiac arrest. She had NEVER had any health issues and played hard daily with us.

heart broken

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry for what happened to your little girl. If the vet can test for the chemical(s) used that is a good idea.

Additionally, you might want to check these chemicals with the EPA to see what data they can provide. Pesticides | US EPA .That would at least tell you if the warnings this company should include with the use of these chemicals is complete and accurate. If not, report the company to the EPA for their lack of providing proper information to their clientele.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry and shocked that this could happen to an animal given all the safeguards that are supposed to exist with exterminating companies. While this will be very hard for you, the best advice, as was given, is to go through with the necropsy and get a list of all chemicals used. Proceed from there and if the company hedges about giving you the information, call the EPA regardless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KathrynOKC

Mau lover
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry. Your cat was stunningly beautiful. You must be devastated.
Find out what chemical they use and make sure it is tested for.
Yes the lab has all the chemicals they used. I’m so heart broken. I wake up crying in the night. Even my dog Hootie misses her demands in the morning to be feed. We were allowed to live in her world. One that rotates around her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KathrynOKC

Mau lover
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry and shocked that this could happen to an animal given all the safeguards that are supposed to exist with exterminating companies. While this will be very hard for you, the best advice, as was given, is to go through with the necropsy and get a list of all chemicals used. Proceed from there and if the company hedges about giving you the information, call the EPA regardless.
Yes all chemicals were given at time I released her over. I had them ready when we went into the emergency clinic. Thank for the information on the EPA , and I plan on contacting everyone I can about this to bring awareness and responsibility to those involved.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you. I’m new to the site and just making my way through. I did post in the main health thread today about it for awareness. Attached her pictures there as well.
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

Make yourself at home on this site and feel free to ask questions.

Mau is a lovely kitty :redheartpump: :hearthrob: :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: