Cat diarrhoea and not eating

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

My cat had loose stool yesterday morning. And she had three rounds of loose stool again this afternoon. There's like some streak of blood and mucus with it.

She's eating fine yesterday till today noon. I tried giving her her favourite kibbles and she doesn't want it at all. Her last meal is at 12pm and now it's 9.30pm.

She's scheduled to visit the doctor tomorrow at 5pm. I'm just afraid that she'll not eat her breakfast tomorrow. How long can a cat go without food? She still drinks water.

Maybe I should syringe feed her some food tomorrow morning if she doesn't eat it on her own.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi,

By the time you can get your cat to the vet, about 15 hours or so would have passed since she last ate, is that correct? If so, not enough time yet to pose any real serious issues. But, if you have cat treats that she likes, try those just to see if you can get a bit of something in her stomach.

Don't know where you are located, but if you can buy some baby food meat (simple ones like Gerber Stage 2 or Beechnut), you can give that a try too. A lot of cats who aren't feeling well and lack interest in eating their own food will often eat some baby food meat. There are additional tips and ideas in this TCS article.
How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again – TheCatSite Articles