Cat Diarrhea with mucus blood?

kele-kenobi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! First time poster.
I want to clarify this first;
we 100% plan on taking our cat to the vet. I wanted to do an emergency service but no vet in an hour radius does it and our regular vet doesn’t open until tomorrow. We plan on taking her first thing in the morning.
I have 3 cats, 2 kittens (5 months) and 1 adult (1 1/2 years) We left town for Christmas and came home to one of the kittens having an upset stomach, vomiting and diarrhea. She has had a sensitive stomach before so we assumed she ate too much and got sick. We gave her some of her prescribed medicine for her existing issues and she recovered by the next day. Fast forward to today. My partner and I were gone all day, all 3 of our cats ate this morning. We come home to my adult cat having the same symptoms but worse. Her entire backside was wet from poop, and her diarrhea was wet and liquid. Around the house were what I was assuming was throw up, which was clear and bubbly. (She usually picks at her food throughout the day) Shes being extremely lethargic. We gave her some of the same medicine we gave the kitten and she slept for about 2 hours, and then ran into our bathtub and pooped a red mucus puddle. (I have pics if this helps that I can link). Her eyes have been pretty dilated, her paws feel normal, not too hot or cold but i am starting to second guess myself .
I am so scared. My partner thinks that maybe it is a stomach bug that the cats are giving eachother, but I am not so sure. I am worried she may have gotten into something, due to the cats recently figuring out how to open cabinets. I know this could be a bunch of different things but I need advice.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there no er dvm? It sounds like it could be poisoning maybe. Or maybe they are reacting to the med you gave them? Giardia can cause bloody runs. One of my rcent rescues is recovering now from g and worms. You can call poison control, but you need to tell them what they ingested if anything.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF there is no emergency service in her area, take her in as soon as the office opens. And please, come back here and let us know how she is. We will be fretting!