cat constipation and now back spasms can't sit pain in rear area vet has never seen this before

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rbanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry 😿 He is beautiful. I think you are making the best decision for him, you don’t want him to suffer more. Big hugs to you and your baby ❤
Thankyou so much. He is a beautiful animal . My soulmate cat ... devastated. Our last night together. Sometimes life just can really suck. I want him to be the evil nasty cat he always was ... not sad and not eating and hiding . Drugs help . Sleeping and making happy noises. I hope I've not made the wrong choice. But I feel it's right. I'm going to be lost without this animal

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou so much. He is a beautiful animal . My soulmate cat ... devastated. Our last night together. Sometimes life just can really suck. I want him to be the evil nasty cat he always was ... not sad and not eating and hiding . Drugs help . Sleeping and making happy noises. I hope I've not made the wrong choice. But I feel it's right. I'm going to be lost without this animal
It is a very hard decision to make. I have always waited until the last minute mostly and maybe it should have been sooner if there was no hope. It some cases it was hard to tell.

One dvm should have told me it's time, we waited for him to come there and he never even spoke to us, he just told the office er dvm we could do a liver biposy etc.

This was someone who had treated her for years, and called her his pumpkin- I was so shocked that he could turn into such a monster. The DVM at the actual office where she was told me he thought it was time and I should’ve listento him but I waited until the next day. My baby probably did suffer a little more and I will always regret that. Things are so different now, that was years ago now you can stay with your pets in a lot of places.

Anyway, I have a hard time letting them go there’s no easy way to do it.
Your guy is happy now, don’t let him know anything else. 💕 I know it seems unbelievable that you will have to be in the world without him and it’s going to be very painful but somehow you will get through it. Just lean on your friends and family and if you have other kitties maybe they can help and if you don’t maybe you can get another one soon. He will be watching over you too and happy that you stopped his suffering.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to thank everyone who kindly replied. After what seemed to be constipation. The vet who fyi is not great and doesn't know cats ..said what her co vet said was my cat was um masturbating. .. long story short I asked for a consult to the neurologist ....the vet then called me and said they would make a,special deal to re examine him and x ray top to bottom. He was xrayed and found a kidney stone and some fluff on his lungs .they sent the x Ray's to radiologist. Meantime he stops eating and is very listless... very worried... radiologist says he has a kidney stone and no idea what his lung issue is .no other tumors found.
I'm so sorry, R rbanci . :alright:
Did this Vet, offer you any treatments for the kidney stone?
Send you home with any prescription diet foods, or medications, pain relief meds, fluids, antibiotics?
Kidney Stones in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost
Kidney Stones in Cats: What You Need to Know

They don't sound like very good vets, at all, if they did not give you any options to try.
Sure, if the one co-vet thinks that Bobo is masturbating...to relieve any stress or pain...or to self-soothe, then okay,...but still offer some type of pain relief, fluids, antibiotics, or dietary help for the kidney stone.
Not sending you home with anything useful, is just wrong.
Today cat worse .ate but puked. Very unsettled just no good .my heart is heavy and broken. I have decided to put him down tomorrow. Crying and crying.. I've drugged him tonight and hes happy purring and asleep. This is very painful .I'm not willing to let this great animal waste away ...thankyou for the replies .its been comforting . Hard to believe this photo was a few weeks ago..
I wish you both Strength and Peace, tomorrow. :vibes::vibes::alright:
Bobo being in so much pain, sounds awful. :frown:
Know that we will all be thinking of you and your Bobo, as you do what is the hardest for your cat companion, to release him of any suffering. :hugs: :grouphug::grouphug2::rbheart:

rbanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry, R rbanci . :alright:
Did this Vet, offer you any treatments for the kidney stone?
Send you home with any prescription diet foods, or medications, pain relief meds, fluids, antibiotics?
Kidney Stones in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost
Kidney Stones in Cats: What You Need to Know

They don't sound like very good vets, at all, if they did not give you any options to try.
Sure, if the one co-vet thinks that Bobo is masturbating...to relieve any stress or pain...or to self-soothe, then okay,...but still offer some type of pain relief, fluids, antibiotics, or dietary help for the kidney stone.
Not sending you home with anything useful, is just wrong.

I wish you both Strength and Peace, tomorrow. :vibes::vibes::alright:
Bobo being in so much pain, sounds awful. :frown:
Know that we will all be thinking of you and your Bobo, as you do what is the hardest for your cat companion, to release him of any suffering. :hugs: :grouphug::grouphug2::rbheart:
This vet is pretty useless.... he was put on different food ...and given canned food to force feed if needed .I have pain meds for him . Left us high and dry honestly.. . Once I saw him tonight and that he barely ate and also vomited ..I just cant let me be this way . He is still alive but far from what he is and I could see him ending up in major pain. The vet ..says well hes not young. He could have cancer or fibrosis. He has always been healthy. And not even 13. And suddenly this .so vet.. a lot to be desired . He isn't the cat he wants to be. No matter how I try to talk myself out of this I have to do what causes him least pain. Poor thing three vet visits...sedation.. x Ray's.. all for nothing:(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I am so very sorry. But you have made the absolute best decision you can, given the circumstances. I, also, would not allow my own girl to languish in pain while test after test provided no answers. This beautiful boy has lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in your love, and he will begin his Next Great Adventure the same way. My heart with yours.

rbanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, I am so very sorry. But you have made the absolute best decision you can, given the circumstances. I, also, would not allow my own girl to languish in pain while test after test provided no answers. This beautiful boy has lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in your love, and he will begin his Next Great Adventure the same way. My heart with yours.
Thankyou. You are too kind .in sorry about your kitty .... so many things happen you cant understand. All you can do us what seems best . Poor animals..

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was a long time ago, but my current girl is thirteen, and I may be facing it again.

This is what I can tell you, though. They live in an eternal "now," and they do not fear death. It is no more to them than "What Comes Next." While you are with him, calm and unafraid, he will be calm and unafraid. I'll be holding you both in my heart.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
This vet is pretty useless.... he was put on different food ...and given canned food to force feed if needed .I have pain meds for him . Left us high and dry honestly.. . Once I saw him tonight and that he barely ate and also vomited ..I just cant let me be this way . He is still alive but far from what he is and I could see him ending up in major pain. The vet ..says well hes not young. He could have cancer or fibrosis. He has always been healthy. And not even 13. And suddenly this .so vet.. a lot to be desired . He isn't the cat he wants to be. No matter how I try to talk myself out of this I have to do what causes him least pain. Poor thing three vet visits...sedation.. x Ray's.. all for nothing:(
Yes, when our animals are in pain, and their quality of life is no longer there,...then it really is the kindest yet hardest thing for us to do for them. I figure, just like we wouldn't want to be suffering in pain, with not much good quality of life left, then why would we want our beautiful cat companions to suffer with pain, either, when their days are filled with more bad days than good days.

You actually did a lot for Bobo, and so don't feel that you did it for nothing...but yes, I understand that it was not the outcome you expected, or anyone wanted. Choosing what is best for him, now, is hard, but in your heart and mind you will know.
Also, Bobo will know, too.
Just tell him how much you love him, even if he is sleeping,...even if he already knows this.
Tell him everything you want to, and know that he knows it already, too.

I guess you just have to focus now, on all Bobo's good days with you...and just remember that this time, even if so painful,...is just a short paragraph, in a huge book of his life,..and that his physical end does not mean his spirit ends.
Plus, the Love and times you shared with your Bobo, can never ever be taken away.

Sending you more Thoughts of Peace and Strength. :vibes::vibes::hugs:
For any hard days ahead, and for any Grief you are feeling. :rbheart:
I think grief begins well before our sick animals pass on, and sometimes a quality of serenity can come to us, when we need it.
I wish this Serenity for you, and your Bobo, too. :bluepaw: 💕🌈

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My father, a very wise man, on death. "It is not fearful, it is just what comes next." Also on death, "No matter how much we prepare, we are never ready to say goodbye." It is only fearsome for those left behind. And you are not on this journey alone.

rbanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My father, a very wise man, on death. "It is not fearful, it is just what comes next." Also on death, "No matter how much we prepare, we are never ready to say goodbye." It is only fearsome for those left behind. And you are not on this journey alone.
Thankyou and what a broken hearted journey this day was...

rbanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, when our animals are in pain, and their quality of life is no longer there,...then it really is the kindest yet hardest thing for us to do for them. I figure, just like we wouldn't want to be suffering in pain, with not much good quality of life left, then why would we want our beautiful cat companions to suffer with pain, either, when their days are filled with more bad days than good days.

You actually did a lot for Bobo, and so don't feel that you did it for nothing...but yes, I understand that it was not the outcome you expected, or anyone wanted. Choosing what is best for him, now, is hard, but in your heart and mind you will know.
Also, Bobo will know, too.
Just tell him how much you love him, even if he is sleeping,...even if he already knows this.
Tell him everything you want to, and know that he knows it already, too.

I guess you just have to focus now, on all Bobo's good days with you...and just remember that this time, even if so painful,...is just a short paragraph, in a huge book of his life,..and that his physical end does not mean his spirit ends.
Plus, the Love and times you shared with your Bobo, can never ever be taken away.

Sending you more Thoughts of Peace and Strength. :vibes::vibes::hugs:
For any hard days ahead, and for any Grief you are feeling. :rbheart:
I think grief begins well before our sick animals pass on, and sometimes a quality of serenity can come to us, when we need it.
I wish this Serenity for you, and your Bobo, too. :bluepaw: 💕🌈
This has made me start bawling all over again. It wasn't a good experience for him going there and he wanted to fight. That's my boy :) needed extra sedatives and then they couldn't get a vein...they keep saying when they get this old . I never realized 12 years was old for a cat..he was completely out by the time they called me in...after making me wait an hour and a half in my car ..I petted him while he died and my heart completely is shattered. Thankyou for all these kind words.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your Beautiful Bobo, R rbanci . :alright:

I think it's more the illnesses that take their toll on their bodies, and not so much the age of our cats.
(I've lost cats at age 2.3 years, and 15.5 years...so there really is no set amount.)

I wish I had better words to say so that your broken heart could heal faster...but somehow that's never the way grief goes.
The grief will hit you in waves, and you will probably see Bobo in all his favorite spots, too.
Just know that this is all okay.
He's no longer suffering, and his spirit is up there with the stars. 🌃🌌🌠

Run like the Wind, Bobo,.🌈..and look in on your family from time to time. :rbheart:
Make sure your cat guardian is doing okay, too. :grouphug:❤

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site team, we are very sorry for your loss. :hugs: Threads are closed after such a loss as a sign of respect. When you feel up to it please consider starting a tribute thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in Peace, Bobo. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.