Cat Constantly Rubbing Nose Raw

catsserole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Hailey is about 3 and has had this issue with rubbing her nose so much until the bridge of it is raw. One vet said it could be feline herpes and had us give terramycin for her eye, but that made her rub it more. They thought allergies could have a party so we made sure all her bowls were ceramic. Recently a different vet thought it could be food allergies and gave us Science Diet d/d to try, which I introduced gradually to her. Previously she’d been eating taste of the wild salmon and venison. She’s been on the food for 2-3 weeks and I’m still so sad to see the irritation on her nose. I think it might be worse than before but not sure. It seems like allergies. Any suggestions are welcome! I feel so bad for my girl!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's food allergies, its going to take at least 13 weeks or so on diet to see if there is any improvement. You don't need any special prescription diet. Feeding a limited ingredient brand of food in a novel protein with few fillers helps many cats with food allergies.

An e-collar will help keep your cat from rubbing her nose and allow it to heal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsserole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it's food allergies, its going to take at least 13 weeks or so on diet to see if there is any improvement. You don't need any special prescription diet. Feeding a limited ingredient brand of food in a novel protein with few fillers helps many cats with food allergies.

An e-collar will help keep your cat from rubbing her nose and allow it to heal.
Thank you for the advice! This helps a lot.