Cat Cleaning Noise

MichaelB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 7 yr old cat who is quiet as can be. Barely meows, unless feeling lonely, and super quiet when cleaning. My 1 yr old kitten however, meows also when feeling lonely even though my wife and I are downstairs. When the 1 yr old cleans herself, you can hear the suction noise of her mouth and tongue like a vacumn cleaner from the other room. Is this just a difference in cats? Its really hard to fall asleep, when she thinks its cleaning time and on our bed.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With a topic like that, I was hoping for interesting. Like:

"I'm sure my cat would like being cleaned with the vacuum if it wasn't so loud. What do I do?" or
"I like to hum the Star Wars theme song while cleaning my cat, how about you?"

You sir, have disappointed me.

On topic, any cat in the bed when I'm trying to sleep is a noisy cat. At least that has been my experience. A silent-cleaning cat would be a definite upgrade. If you could get that to breed true, you can surely make enough dough to be rolling in supermarket cat food.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, normal. Some are slurpers and snuffelers when they clean themselves and the noises be loud and irritating. I must admit to having gently removed a cat from my bed when they sounded like they were sucking themselves dry while I was trying to sleep.