Cat burned his paws on the stove

shinyumbreon289

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It happened yesteday night. He landed with all four paws.
I'm not sure exactly what degree burns he has, one of the front paws does seems cracked with puss coming out.
I put him in a water tub, dried his paws. There wasn't anything noticable until now.

Every article just says to take it the vet, but I cannot afford one at the moment. Is there anything I could do?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get an antibiotic salve to apply. How long ago did this happen? There should not be pus coming out right away. He may lick it off, but some should help. Maybe do it when he is laying down sleeping. Pus means it is infected, which burns tend to always do. Make sure any salve you get DOES NOT have pain killers in it, that is toxic to cats, just something like plain triple antibiotic. You may have to at least call a vet and see what they recommend. If he has to be brought in to get oral antibiotics, see if you can set up a payment plan. This is serious so don't delay. In teh meantim, put his litterbox, food and water close by so he doesn't have to walk far, it would be very painful. I'll pray for your little boy........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shinyumbreon289

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the advice. I'll see what to do with the rest of the family.
Yeah, there are no payment plans in my country and they won't tell you anything over the phone.

I don't have a lot of trust in them in either.

This same cat, when he was shot through the back with a bb gun and his paw broken at the shooulder by the neighbour's bastard spawn few months ago, vet just scanned him, and then told me to bring him for a very expensive surgery to remove his leg completely, since "he'll never be able to heal it, and walk on it".

Yeah, no, he healed just fine at home. Walks, runs, jumps, unfortunately even where he shouldn't.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Switch to paper litter as well. Clay dust shouldn't be in a wound.

Is there any charity that can help you in an emergency situation there?