Cat bladder sediment ?

Freddieandchip

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took my cat to the vet because he was crying a lot and urinating outside the litter box. I had this issue in October and the vet said he just has a small bladder and may be anxious. A comment that I got on here helped me decide to bring him in again for a second opinion and after getting a sample, the vet said that he has some blood in his urine. They did X Rays and the vet said that he can’t say for sure until the radiologist looks at it but he said it looks like there is sediment in his bladder but he it doesn’t look like there are full crystals. They gave me one can of prescription food for now and the vet said he will call me back on Wednesday with the results of the X ray. I’m not sure when I will get the results for the urine sample.
I’m mostly posting this here because I was so nervous at the vet that I forgot to ask some questions and the vet is off tomorrow. I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for how to help him until he has an official diagnosis and starts getting treated. Should I buy another urinary food for now since I only have one can of the prescription food? Also I usually feed him a mix of wet and dry food, should I do wet only for now? I would also like to know if anyone has had an experience like this and what to expect. I will definitely ask the vet more questions on Wednesday and when I get an official diagnosis. The one thing I do know is that he luckily is not blocked.
For now I have him some gabapentin that was prescribed for him to try to help him relax because he seemed to be extremely anxious last night, he cried for hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freddieandchip

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi
Are you sure his crying wasn't from pain, poor boy? Is he able to urinate?
More urinary canned food would be good, and this might help;

Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake - TheCatSite Articles
I’m not totally sure what the crying was from, he was just crying a lot in general even when he wasn’t using the litter box, he seemed to be having a hard time relaxing. I think if he was in pain it may have been making him restless. Luckily he is able to urinate. He definitely seems to be a lot more comfortable right now. Thank you for the article I will definitely look at that! :)