Cat Bites Only Me :(

Malibured

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I took a stray in. He is not quite a year. Had him neutered. He has wonderful manners. Passover is litter box trained and he is a good eater. I have two female cats, 15.5 years old. All seem accepting of each other. Passover is living in one of my bathrooms. He likes a friend of mine very much. He lets her pet him. He climbs all over her. He claws and bites me. However, he is ok when I just sit on the floor and talk to him. He goes to sleep. Any ideas? I want to integrate hi into the household, but cannot until he stops biting and clawing me. I have a baby gate up during the day. Thanks...

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
is he getting enough play time? you don't really say if he is just in the little room all the time, or if he is getting enough time outside of that bathroom to get rid of some of his energy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Malibured

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is in the room all the time. He will not play with any toys or the laser. He is very mellow. Perky, yet mellow.

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would see if you can try and start integrating him? how long has he been in there? you said it seems like they all get accepting of each other so you must have at least had them have some interaction. I have two ten month old kittens that when they were much younger used to always claw and bite at me and not my husband. They have pretty much stopped that now, so i would just give it some time, and have him start interacting with the others and see how it goes. does he have a scratching post in there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Malibured

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I have a scratcher for him. He will not use it. They have had marginal interaction. I am hesitant to integrate. What if he bites them or my Mom. He will not even allow me to pick him up.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Thanks for taking in this stray cat.

He claws and bites me. However, he is ok when I just sit on the floor and talk to him. He goes to sleep.
Since he is fine when you sit on the floor and talk to him, what is different when he claws & bites you?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither...just wants me gone.
No offense but it has to be one or the other I would think. He is either doing it aggressively or playfully. Aggressively I would also expect hissing and growling and hair fluffed up and ears back. Some cats get over stimulated and bite when they are pet. Any way you could get a video of him doing this?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried, as suggested, playing with him with a string or da bird, a wand style toy? He's mellow but still has built up energy.
Have you tried feliway diffusers? There are other calming wipes, treats and sprays with different ingredients, try a couple to see if they help, including rubbing some on your clothing.
Also, what if you and your friend work together with this cat?

• Purraise
Reactions: KSV