Cat belly looks bloated after spay..?

jendomoto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just picked up my foster baby from her spay appointment and I noticed her belly looks bloated, does this look normal to you? Her incision actually looks fine and they gave her a shot of convenia after the operation, hope it’s not an infection..
0B13434F-D052-45D0-AA83-FECBA1160DE6.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is her rib cage, her abdomen is actually sunk in. She needs lots of food! I always go by how they are acting, as long as they are eating/drinking/using the litterbox, everything is fine. If you see a 'lump' around the spay incision, that is normal too, Swelling on the inside. Watch for spreading redness and any discharge that is yellow/green/white. Clear discharge with a little blood is fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jendomoto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is her rib cage, her abdomen is actually sunk in. She needs lots of food! I always go by how they are acting, as long as they are eating/drinking/using the litterbox, everything is fine. If you see a 'lump' around the spay incision, that is normal too, Swelling on the inside. Watch for spreading redness and any discharge that is yellow/green/white. Clear discharge with a little blood is fine.
Ahhh! That makes sense, she was asked to fast after last night’s dinner. She’s been sleeping after coming home, will make sure to keep an eye on her and give her lots of food!