Cat Becoming Randomly Aggressive

Rya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just got back to my parents house for thanksgiving and am keeping my three cats in a room at their house. One cat has been very temperamental, he will go from grooming the other cats to hissing when they get close with no apparent cause for it. Is it just the stress of moving them that is causing him to act out or another reason Maybe? Also my parents do have dogs so it might be possible he catches their scent and gets scared?

Thanks

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say it is the stress of moving them coupled with strange scents and sounds at your parents. When cats get nervous or fearful they may get very prickly and easily annoyed by one another.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats are very highly territorial. In their world, territory mean life or death. Right now, they have been removed from their territory. Their scent markers are suddenly GONE, and there is a smell of ANOTHER PREDATOR (your parent's dogs) nearby. Little wonder your cats are stressed, and that one of them is acting out. Your cats have gone to DEFCON 2, and are awaiting the momentary end of the world as they know it. The good thing is that they will quickly settle down after you get them home again.