Cat ate fried Garlic Chicken

Sag1841

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my cats got into a garlic chicken box. It has a flavoring of soy sauce with garlic. They ate about half the box between both of them. I am a little worried they will get food poisoning, but also all the emergency vets are too far for me to travel. They seem to be doing fine and are even still hungry. They both weigh over 10 pounds so I am wondering if I need to rush them to the vet tomorrow morning or if I should watch them.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
That's a lot of sodium, not to mention the garlic. I'm not a vet, but I'd let them eat, see if you can get them to drink more water, and maybe call your vet--do they have a 24 hour on call person? If you call your clinic, listen to the greeting, they may give a number so you can talk to a live person.

Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sag1841

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They have been drinking water and I gave them wet food as I normally do, but did a little less than usual since their stomachs are full. They are still playing and have yet to pee or poo, one of them gagged a little but that was right after drinking water sometimes they do that when they drink too fast, the clinic I go to doesn’t take calls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sag1841

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are they today?
They are still stable, one of them which I suspect is the one that ate most threw up clear foamy liquid but i took him to the vet for fluids and a blood test along with an anti nausea to make sure he doesn’t vomit his water or food. I have to continue to monitor them. Thanks for asking :):)