Cat after spay advice

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat just got spayed and although right now she isnt messing with her incision i worry she might whenever i am unable to watch her at night. Bought one of those soft collars but it was one for dogs since the pet store didnt have cat ones and it doesn’t quite fit her right. I tried the plate hack but she got it off in seconds. Made the hole as small as i could and fit it over her head but she was determined to get out anyways. Tomorrow onesies will be delivered so the problem should end then but for tonight im concerned about her messing with the incision. Is there any other sort of hack or way to get them to not mess with the incision? If not i might just have to stay up and monitor her until the onesies arrive.
IMG_3262.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
There's a little general information in this article, and although at the end it has a link to an article about cones there's nothing new that you don't already know. I don't have anything else to offer;
Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery - TheCatSite
alright thank you. just wanted to see if there was any other alternative 😅 she is starting to try and mess with it now so im just continuously putting the plate around her. she’s getting out slower each time and is a little but less bothered but is still quite upset. hopefully she takes a nap soon. she has been very fired up since she got home and is trying to do more than she can achieve right now lol. if she refuses to keep the plate on i’ll have to just keep a close eye until tomorrow!