Cat 66 Days Along- Couple Questions..legs Twitching?

mjackson6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,
My girl Mavis is 66 days along today and I've noticed a couple of odd things I needed to ask about.
First of all, the kittens have been clearly moving in her tummy for almost an entire month now. I am not exaggerating, I first noticed movement July 22. She was laying on her side (almost on her back) yesterday and I could see the kittens moving like crazy but her back legs were doing a weird bounce/twitch while she was sleeping. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Second question, Mavis is having a hard time keeping her backside clean and mostly refuses to let me wipe her down. I've done my best to clean her up back there a few times now but before I am able to do so she will get a small buildup of poo around her vulva and I'm wondering if this is a big issue or could cause a problem? I am trying to keep her as clean as I can but she is going to the bathroom often and having runny poo most of the time and she is unable to reach to clean herself.

Third thing, Mavis has two "inverted nipples." I only noticed they were this way after she started pinking up. Will those nipples get infected from being inverted?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mjackson6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Re the twitching: give her calcium rich food, asap. Whichever she takes.

mjackson6 mjackson6
Hi thank you for your response!
She is currently eating Blue Wilderness Kitten Food. Is that calcium sufficient or what do you suggest I add? Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Calcium rich are goats milk. Yoghurt cheese, boiled egg shells crushed into fine
Hi thank you for your response!
She is currently eating Blue Wilderness Kitten Food. Is that calcium sufficient or what do you suggest I add? Thanks!
powder or some calcium preparate as bone ashes.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dish of kitten milk replacer per day might also help.

Are you keeping Mavis 100% inside and away from intact males?