Captured Stray

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This guy had been coming around for meals for a while, intact male full of mats. I was able to lure him into my garage and trap him, got him neutered and vaccinated and all the mats cut out, turns out he is a pretty nice cat, I don't think I will be putting him back outside.
Tom (2).jpg

sleeping on a bed I made for him after surgery
sleeping tom.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This guy had been coming around for meals for a while, intact male full of mats. I was able to lure him into my garage and trap him, got him neutered and vaccinated and all the mats cut out, turns out he is a pretty nice cat, I don't think I will be putting him back outside.
3f15cc28ca9f653f7e140df189cb3448.gif

Please keep him in.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Binxie Binxie You are an amazing person. He looks so comfy in his little bed you made for him.
He is a lucky little guy to have found such a loving human to help him have a better life. I really hope everything works out in your home.

Even if for whatever reason your home doesn't work out and you find him a home through a local rescue I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking him in, taking him to the vet, and for deciding he doesn't need the street life anymore. All of these things you are doing for him are true gifts from you to him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Binxie Binxie You are an amazing person. He looks so comfy in his little bed you made for him.
He is a lucky little guy to have found such a loving human to help him have a better life. I really hope everything works out in your home.

Even if for whatever reason your home doesn't work out and you find him a home through a local rescue I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking him in, taking him to the vet, and for deciding he doesn't need the street life anymore. All of these things you are doing for him are true gifts from you to him.
Thanks, I have taken in many strays over the years but this guy is so trusting so fast, he had to have positive human contact before he was out on the street, the vet thinks he is about 4 years old. I am currently feeding another but he is completely feral and will not even get closer to me than about 10-12 feet, but at least he gets 2 meals a day.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have introduced the new boy, Tommy, to my other cat , Daisy. Tommy could care less about her and pretty much ignores her, daisy has hissed a couple of times and smacked him gently. There are times went Tommy wants to play and Daisy wants no part of it so I have to step in and distract Tommy with something else. Tommy is a very sweet boy but has had some health issues which have cost me almost $1,000 so far, all GI related so I am hoping he does not have irritable bowel. The first episode, vomiting and diarrhea, when it did not clear up after 24 hours I took him to the vet, he got some fluids and probiotics and was sent home, the issues cleared up. About 10 days later he vomited and I saw some odd looking particles in the vomit, turns out he was chewing on some artificial plants, the diarrhea started again , off to the vet again, this time x-rays, blood work, fecal exam, fluids, Cerenia injection, more probiotics and an antibiotic for a bit of clostridium that was found in the diarrhea. His poop went back to fully formed after 2 days, now this morning, 9 days after the last vet visit he vomited, nothing in it just clear, and he had diarrhea, so here we go again. I have a suspicion that he might have some type of intolerance to the dry food that Daisy sometimes eats. Both Daisy and Tommy eat wet food but Daisy occasionally likes to munch on a bit of dry food and if she does not finish what she is given he will eat it. Turns out that happened last night when my husband gave Daisy some dry food. I know the next thing with the vet will probably be an ultrasound. Seems to me that irritable bowel is becoming more and more common, I have had cats for 50 years and decades ago you did not hear as much about it as you do now and I never had a cat with it until about 2017 and I have had 20+ cats over the years.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have introduced the new boy, Tommy, to my other cat , Daisy. Tommy could care less about her and pretty much ignores her, daisy has hissed a couple of times and smacked him gently. There are times went Tommy wants to play and Daisy wants no part of it so I have to step in and distract Tommy with something else. Tommy is a very sweet boy but has had some health issues which have cost me almost $1,000 so far, all GI related so I am hoping he does not have irritable bowel. The first episode, vomiting and diarrhea,
Oh, at least there's no fighting.

I hope Tommy Get well soon.

Seymour

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with you on the irritable bowl. I have two kitties with it and they have meds I give them at night to help. I hope Tommy gets better soon. What you've done for him has not only saved his life, but also prolonged it.

I think people who don't like animals are sad and broken, but people such as yourself reinstate my faith in humans. Not only are you not broken, you're an angel for saving this sweet fellow whose only sin was to not have a home. I hope Tommy gets better soon (also, I have noticed that sometimes my cats have gastric problems when they are stressed, so he could be a little stressed by the newness of it all—which I think will wear off as he grows more accustomed to the secure indoor life you've given him).

Best of luck and bless you for doing this. Tommy is a lucky little guy.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with you on the irritable bowl. I have two kitties with it and they have meds I give them at night to help. I hope Tommy gets better soon. What you've done for him has not only saved his life, but also prolonged it.

I think people who don't like animals are sad and broken, but people such as yourself reinstate my faith in humans. Not only are you not broken, you're an angel for saving this sweet fellow whose only sin was to not have a home. I hope Tommy gets better soon (also, I have noticed that sometimes my cats have gastric problems when they are stressed, so he could be a little stressed by the newness of it all—which I think will wear off as he grows more accustomed to the secure indoor life you've given him).

Best of luck and bless you for doing this. Tommy is a lucky little guy.
Thanks, I feel that when you take in any animal you have to be willing to commit to their welfare, if you are not, then don't get any animals. What are the meds that you give your two?
Here's Tommy guarding the hallway 🤣
Tommy.jpg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I feel that when you take in any animal you have to be willing to commit to their welfare, if you are not, then don't get any animals. What are the meds that you give your two?
Here's Tommy guarding the hallway 🤣View attachment 458540
He is such a handsome little guy. Tommy is so lucky to have you. You took him in offered a home full of love. Again thank you for everything you have done for Tommy.
I hope he feels better asap. Please keep us posted

Seymour

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MY two are on 1/4th tab of Cerenia every three days and Prednisolone 5 mg every other day. I have a kitchen calendar that is coded so I know which cat gets what and when. Both of those kitties also take other meds (one for thyroid and one for a heart problem). And Jimmy was recently diagnosed with diabetes, so we deal with that, too. But all my guys are seniors, so like human seniors, not everything works the way it used to work.

I tried the Adored Beast powder for gut issues and the two with IBS hated it and wouldn't eat with it added to their food. But then, they're picky, so YMMV.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tommy is doing well, after much testing and money spent his intestinal problems all boiled down to a food intolerance, to what I don't know. About 5 weeks ago after a terrible bout of diarrhea and vomiting I decided, not to feed him any cat food for 3 days. I made some chicken bone broth and gave him only that with some of the chicken for 3 days, all diarrhea and vomiting stopped and his stools returned to normal. 😀 I gradually began giving him a single protein cat food and he has not had any intestinal issues since. His fur is growing back where I had cut out all the mats and he is soft as silk. The only other issue he has is he appears to have a herpes infection that effects his eyes, his eyes water and there is no bacterial infection, The vet has me trying lysine but so far it has not made any difference. Here he is waiting for food
Tommy 2.jpg

and after spending quite a bit of money on toys his favorite thing is the packing paper that was in the box 🤣 here he is zonked out after playing with the paper
Tom.jpg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Tommy is doing well, after much testing and money spent his intestinal problems all boiled down to a food intolerance, to what I don't know. About 5 weeks ago after a terrible bout of diarrhea and vomiting I decided, not to feed him any cat food for 3 days. I made some chicken bone broth and gave him only that with some of the chicken for 3 days, all diarrhea and vomiting stopped and his stools returned to normal.
Great to hear that his diarrhea is resolved. You may like to get him some probiotics to maintain his gut. My Boy had chronic diarrhea early this year for 2 1/2 months and he refused medications and I put him on probiotics and his diarrhea was resolved after I started to give him probiotics 2 weeks into his diarrhea.

Here's the article I followed to treat his diarrhea :- My Cat Has Diarrhea - What Do I Do?. Since then, I've been giving him probiotics on a lower dose once in the morning and once in the evening to maintain his gut health. Give it a read.

Tommy is lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

Last edited:

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tommy is doing well, he is a 13 lb bull running through the house 🤣and he has such a big mane, like a lion. 😄 He can be a little aggressive, he loves to play under papers and if I play too hard with him and then walk away he will run after me and grab my legs 😲. He has many characteristics of a Turkish Van, his coat pattern, the coat itself that is like cashmere or silk, so soft, he loves water, hates to be alone and will follow me through the house.
lion2.jpg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Tommy is doing well, he is a 13 lb bull running through the house 🤣and he has such a big mane, like a lion. 😄 He can be a little aggressive, he loves to play under papers and if I play too hard with him and then walk away he will run after me and grab my legs 😲. He has many characteristics of a Turkish Van, his coat pattern, the coat itself that is like cashmere or silk, so soft, he loves water, hates to be alone and will follow me through the house.
That’s good to hear! He must be the king of the house. Glad that he’s also settling in well. Good job!