Cappy went swimming - AGAIN

linni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We took our Cappy to the boat again, and I thought he would freak as we got closer - considering last time he fell into the water! But he didn't. We went out to our mooring, got onto our sailboat, did some cleaning and had supper. He just slept on the couch the whole time.

Then, on the way to shore he sat up in the bow of the dinghy like he owned the place again, and jumped onto the dock. We don't leash him on the dinghy, because I'm afraid that if he did fall he might get tangled in the leash, even though he does have a harness on.

So, he jumped out of the dinghy, and ran up the dock without his leash - but that was fine. There was no one else around and he was just running towards our car. Well - the water between the floating dock and the shore - maybe a foot wide, is filled with debris and looked like land I guess, and he plopped right into it!

He scrambled to the shore, and went racing for our car - right through the newly mowed grass - so by the time he reached our car, and hid underneath it, he was covered in grass bits. But he settled down much quicker than last time, and shivered less than last time. And when we got home, he was dried and was all over us all night - hugging and purring.

lin

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It sounds like he hit every obstacle in the way. I'm sure he's been spending a lot of time putting himself right again.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you said dog life vests don't work on cats, but maybe you should design a cat life vest (and patent it)? Cappy seems to be giving you plenty of opportunities to test it.