Can You Help Me Sex Kittens Please?

CarriPage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We brought in a pregnant stray just before Hurricane Harvey hit and she had the kittens a few weeks later. Six kittens - all thrived well. They're now 5 1/2 weeks old and I'm pretty sure we have 4 boys and 2 girls. Not the best pictures - I'll try to get more this weekend in better light. We're keeping momma Cleo and she'll be spayed in a few more weeks and hoping to find homes for all of the kittens. I'll post a few face pics next :-)

iPhoneOct17 157.JPG iPhoneOct17 158.JPG iPhoneOct17 159.JPG iPhoneOct17 162.JPG iPhoneOct17 163.JPG iPhoneOct17 164.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarriPage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And a few of the little stinkers. They're all eating dry kibble well and using the litter box. We may end up keeping one of them. There are two that have no white - totally tabby - and then four of them with white paws and chests.

iPhoneOct17 153.JPG iPhoneOct17 156.JPG iPhoneOct17 172.JPG iPhoneOct17 174.JPG iPhoneOct17 175.JPG

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They sure are cute!

Do you give them wet food too?

When you take pictures this weekend, stand the kittens on 4 legs, hold the tail up, then snap! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarriPage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They sure are cute!

Do you give them wet food too?

When you take pictures this weekend, stand the kittens on 4 legs, hold the tail up, then snap! :)
Thank you! I will get better pictures when I have more time. I was doing it by myself but can get one of the kids to help hold them up this weekend.

Yes, we offered first KMR but none of them would lap it - even after we tried some on our finger or dabbed around their mouth. We have tried wet food and only one of them will consistently eat it. The others all sniff and walk away - I'm not sure why. We cannot keep the wet food out all day but keep the dry out all the time, and that's what most of them seem most interested in. We have to keep momma away when we give them the wet food or she'll eat it all - even when we're giving her some separately.