Can someone recommend a cat broth good for urinary health?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy has never drank enough water, I was thinking a broth might help his daily intake of water. Does anyone have any idea of brand that is low in ash or ash free?

He just was diagnosed with bladder crystals.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Look into Purina Hydra Care, it is specifically formulated to support cats with Flutd.

Also this article, if you haven't seen it yet, may have tips including the baby food soup.
Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake – TheCatSite Articles

This might also have tips to entice him;
This is from todaysveterinarynurse .com ;
making sure all water bowls are cleaned daily may encourage water consumption. Circulating water fountains can be provided for cats that like to drink running or dripping water, and multiple water bowls should be offered throughout the home. Also, the size and depth of water bowls may need to be considered, and different types of water (e.g., distilled, warm, cold) may need to be tried.

wrenka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can always boil down chicken thighs and use the broth from that! I freeze them in ice cube trays which I thaw and let the cats lap up for hydration, KMR is also good, my cats go crazy for it. I usually take 2tbs KMR and mix with 4tbs water and let them drink that; something like Churu with water may also work.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Churu with water works well or Pure Bites with water.

We also use a big long-thin container and that's encouraged drinking, as well as some human mugs designated for cats.